Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Forged internals..When it is need?

Hi guys

I noticed that many highly modified boats ran stock internals so when forged internals become a must???

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by FreakRXP1200 View Post
    Hi guys

I noticed that many highly modified boats ran stock internals so when forged internals become a must???
    All of the 215 and 255 4 tecs already have forged rods and pistons. Forged parts are stronger and can withstand more heat than cast. The more boost you are making the more heat that is created. I would say it is a good idea to have forged internals on any high performance forced induction engine.

Hi guys

Yes, like he just saud 215/255s use forged rods, pistons, and crank. The upgraded racing forged internals are used for different reasons. The Carrillo Rods and CP pistons are all much stronger than stock and are at the same time much lighter than stock, so they allow quicker revving (they motor needs to be balanced when these are used). They withstand high power and high rpms better than stock. The rods are also H-beam and made to bend instead of break in a detrimental failure, which can help in saving the block and crank. I would say if you're revving higher than 9K rpms, you may want the race parts. If you're making over 420hp, you might want the race parts.

forged internals

stock internals are good for 450-500hp and 9400rpm,iv never had piston failer on stock pistons with big boost 25psi-28psi seadoo pistons are forged and as good as cp piston if not better...rotax rods are also very strong...only reason we run corillo rods and cp piston, is becouse there much lighter ,and when runing lighter rods and pistons we can lighten the crank more to get optimal balance 0.2 grams

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by subzero View Post
    stock internals are good for 450-500hp and 9400rpm,iv never had piston failer on stock pistons with big boost 25psi-28psi seadoo pistons are forged and as good as cp piston if not better...rotax rods are also very strong...only reason we run corillo rods and cp piston, is becouse there much lighter ,and when runing lighter rods and pistons we can lighten the crank more to get optimal balance 0.2 grams
    25-28 psi using stock sleeves and stock stretchbolts without race gas?

So not even recommended with 3rude and ETEC 70-145 which boost up to 18-20psi?

thanks for info

So not even recommended with 3rude and ETEC 70-145 which boost up to 18-20psi?

thanks for info
    That's up to you. The 25psi spoken about above is from a turbo which hits softer than a supercharger. The instant boost from a 20psi supercharger is much harder on your parts than a laggy 20psi from a turbo. The turbo's boost build up in a more even and linear way where as the supercharger is more abrupt.

Quote Originally Posted by novaprop67 View Post
    That's up to you. The 25psi spoken about above is from a turbo which hits softer than a supercharger. The instant boost from a 20psi supercharger is much harder on your parts than a laggy 20psi from a turbo. The turbo's boost build up in a more even and linear way where as the supercharger is more abrupt.
    Got it

Thanks

+1
    Just a little input. I went to all lightened internals with Carrillo rods & CP pistons & not running over 8600 rpms. Had 1 CP piston crack on top at approx. 2 hrs. Had the piston analyzed & it was just a bad casting. No heat problems whatsoever. I went back with stock pistons. For me, the CP pistons were a huge dissapointment. I will say that the manufacture date showed Feb. of 2007 so I don't know if some manufactured now might hold up better. They sure make a pretty paper weight though.

Doug

Quote Originally Posted by speedskixp View Post
    I would say it is a good idea to have forged internals on any high performance forced induction engine.
    Yamaha says otherwise and the SHO engine is supposed to be the best, most powerful, and most reliable engine ever!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information