2000 1200 XLL Serious Bog Down

When I first put the ski in the water it starts and idles fine. I give it gas and it starts to take off but it's like it runs out of gas! Again, starts right up and shortly after I apply throttle, she begins to hesitate and sputter. After about 10 min of pumping the throttle she begins to come to life and starts to run very well. If I stop for longer then 15 min, it starts all over again but recovers sooner then if itwere cold. I have the D plate, chip, PV couplers, PV clips, new impeller, pump kit, converted over to pre-mix and removed the air box but reinstalled the stock flame arrestor to keep stuff out of the carbs. I pulled the carbs this winter and rebuilt them but left the stock jets in. The carbs looked very clean but I purchased the kits and had them off the ski so I intalled all the new seals. I thought it might be an air leak by the carbs but the way it runs once (cleared out) leads me to believe it's something else. Still have the stock accelerator pump on and it works fine, I believe it's the only thing dumping gas in the motor as I go through the get running ritual.

THE PLATE MAN JIM'S PERFORMANCE's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Jumper11 View Post
    When I first put the ski in the water it starts and idles fine. I give it gas and it starts to take off but it's like it runs out of gas! Again, starts right up and shortly after I apply throttle, she begins to hesitate and sputter. After about 10 min of pumping the throttle she begins to come to life and starts to run very well. If I stop for longer then 15 min, it starts all over again but recovers sooner then if itwere cold. I have the D plate, chip, PV couplers, PV clips, new impeller, pump kit, converted over to pre-mix and removed the air box but reinstalled the stock flame arrestor to keep stuff out of the carbs. I pulled the carbs this winter and rebuilt them but left the stock jets in. The carbs looked very clean but I purchased the kits and had them off the ski so I intalled all the new seals. I thought it might be an air leak by the carbs but the way it runs once (cleared out) leads me to believe it's something else. Still have the stock accelerator pump on and it works fine, I believe it's the only thing dumping gas in the motor as I go through the get running ritual.
    You can not run stock jets with flame arrestors you are to lean. You will need to rejet the carbs.

Is there a rejet kit for my carbs? Is so do you know the cost? I went to the website cajundude.com and down loaded the procedures so I'm confident I can do this myself.

There is no winter in Hawaii! tnerb's Avatar
    Changing the jets is easy, when you cleaned the carbs you should have had them out anyway.

Here is a good post about jetting specs http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=30369

+1
    The post does not mention adjustent on the screws for OEM carbs with F/A's

you need to run 1.5 N&S, 95 gram spring, 110 pilot 120 main and adjust the low screws out 1 turn and the high screws out 1.5 turns.

Thread Information