Faster Than a Speeding Mullet

Hey Guys just need some GPR advice

First off i wanna say that this is a great forum. Ive learned so much in the last week. Ive been riding since 04 my first ski was a 2001 gp1200r. Now im the owner of a 04 1300r with a Riva ride plate and the D-plate and chip.
    I'm looking to start dumping some money into this beast and wake her up. This is what ive got going in my head for mods Jims R&D plate, SS intake grate, not sure on wich prop to run 13/19 14/20???? need some help there, i wanna do the hull reinforcment, maybe the EFI controller, pump shoe kit. id be happy with 70-75mph

Also ive been WOT on flat water and the nose dips down and the ski goes left and i go right. Not fun ive almost been scared to ride it. anybody know what that is about or what i can do to fix it

Thanks for your help
    Josh

THE PLATE MAN JIM'S PERFORMANCE's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by sleeperGPR View Post
    First off i wanna say that this is a great forum. Ive learned so much in the last week. Ive been riding since 04 my first ski was a 2001 gp1200r. Now im the owner of a 04 1300r with a Riva ride plate and the D-plate and chip.
    I'm looking to start dumping some money into this beast and wake her up. This is what ive got going in my head for mods Jims R&D plate, SS intake grate, not sure on wich prop to run 13/19 14/20???? need some help there, i wanna do the hull reinforcment, maybe the EFI controller, pump shoe kit. id be happy with 70-75mph

Also ive been WOT on flat water and the nose dips down and the ski goes left and i go right. Not fun ive almost been scared to ride it. anybody know what that is about or what i can do to fix it

Thanks for your help
    Josh
    The ski trying to turn on you at wot when you let off the throttle is because you have the stock grate on.

+1
    The stock intake grate is causing you to get thrown off at WOT. With added compression, reeds, EFI controller, Jim's ride plate, and a 14/21 or 14/22 dynafly you will be around 75mph.

Quote Originally Posted by 97GPSLEEPER View Post
    The stock intake grate is causing you to get thrown off at WOT. With added compression, reeds, EFI controller, Jim's ride plate, and a 14/21 or 14/22 dynafly you will be around 75mph.
    What do you mean by added compression. Like milling the head?
    And what are the reeds for?

+1
    added compression = milling the head. The reeds improve throttle response and help with max rpm.

for the reeds are you talking about the reed stuffer kits????

Greenhulk Grasshopah (DRC) HallPass's Avatar
    +1
    he's probably talking about VF3 Reeds

which replace the stock reeds. Reed stuffers are used when you wanna get better performance, but can't get the VF3's or some other reason. They perform better, but the VF3's will outperform stuffers all day!

Just put on the vf3's and you better be ready to hang on the mid range is incredible.

Thread Information