Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Mikuni Novi Carbs

ok so i have a set of mikuni novi 44's for my 97 spx and i think they were the culprit of my lean piston seize..Well i was wondering where a good starting point for these carbs would be for the high and low screws..Also another dumb question is which side of the carbs face up ,i think the previous owner had them on upside down,should the low speed screws be on top or bottom or does it even matter,and should the throotle linkage be on top or bottom?? My other mods are R&D head ,exhaust,flame arrestors,dual solenoid water injection.Pretty much R&d everything..Im also pushing 180 compression with about .070 squish...Another question is should this ski run fine on 93 octane??

Warner Robins, GA Home of the 2007 All-Star Little League World Champions!
    A good starting point would be to disassemble and clean the carbs, then verify jetting. Shoot a pic of the carbs when mounted, They can be mounted different ways, and it has no effect on the lean situation you mention. If it was lean enough to seize, turning a screw is not going to correct it.

some pics i was able to upload

ok i dont know much about jetting yet.. but the jet in the tube above the carbs reads 60.the larger one in the carbs reads 112.5,the smaller one in the carb reads i think 110.

Warner Robins, GA Home of the 2007 All-Star Little League World Champions!
    Please check your links as they should load instantaneously when clicked on, it went to the image shack page instead. Just copy and paste the direct link url listed below the pic @ image shack, then click on inset image and past that link.

The pilot jet has to be removed to read what it actually is, as it is etched on the side. The main you can read in place. Both are inside the carb, under the half-moon shaped plate.

"Tearing it up on the water" seadoobutch787's Avatar
    looks like your saying 112.5 mains and 110 lows with a 60 mikuni jet in the return line which give you the most fuel pressure.

yes that is exactly what i meant!! i believe the pilots are 110 yes..

"Tearing it up on the water" seadoobutch787's Avatar
    120 LSJ's and 135 HSJ's start there but do some plug chops to get the jetting just right for you

where should i start with my low speed screws and my high speed screws,,how many turns out with each!! when i ran the ski my high speed screws were like two turns out,i forgot to check them over before i went out.Do you think that could of been my issue with the lean condition??

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information