Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Bow chicka wow wow
    +1

Don't pull my post,but..........................

I know I'm in the wrong area so move me to the general discussion area, but don't pull my post.........
    Anyone ever get hassled by authorities on the lake?

I mean seriously not guilty of any "infractions" but get hassled anyways. I mean I'm ready to sell mine. Anyone else?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Pirates81 View Post
    I know I'm in the wrong area so move me to the general discussion area, but don't pull my post.........
    Anyone ever get hassled by authorities on the lake?

I mean seriously not guilty of any "infractions" but get hassled anyways. I mean I'm ready to sell mine. Anyone else?
    Document the situation. Make sure you get the officer's name, agency he is working for and boat reg #'s and include it in your documentation. Mail it certified to the police chief, sheriff, or agency head of the agency the officer is working for. All you want them to understand is that you are aware that you are not doing anything AND you are documenting each and every "incident".

My view...Stop me once, and piss me off...Stop me twice (for the same reason by the same officer) and I'll curse you under my breath...Stop me three times (for the same reason and by the same officer) and it is harassment!

You should not be intimidated or scared into not riding that lake/river or whatever...those days are over with civil rights! --J

Seriously. Document, document, document!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jpeconsult View Post
    Document the situation. Make sure you get the officer's name, agency he is working for and boat reg #'s and include it in your documentation. Mail it certified to the police chief, sheriff, or agency head of the agency the officer is working for. All you want them to understand is that you are aware that you are not doing anything AND you are documenting each and every "incident".

My view...Stop me once, and piss me off...Stop me twice (for the same reason by the same officer) and I'll curse you under my breath...Stop me three times (for the same reason and by the same officer) and it is harassment!

You should not be intimidated or scared into not riding that lake/river or whatever...those days are over with civil rights! --J

Seriously. Document, document, document!

soft spoken, credible witness help alot!

+1
    In FL we live and deal with it. Part of the game. Could be why we like the swamp rides so much.

Weekend after the Hydrodrags I still had the 172 plastered on my boat and no Regs. Stopped 3 times and harrassed beyond imagination. Still had fun with my wife and never let it bother me. All in the attitude and what really matters. 60 miles later we called it a good day.

Nothin' better than Doo'in it! BigDaddyRXP's Avatar
    +1
    There are so many kids and azzholes on ski's that give us a bad rap... thats why the law screws with ski's so bad I've nearly been in fights before with people for telling them to slow the f*ck down in no wake zones There are alot of azzholes on ski's that don't pay any attention to the rules of the waterways... you really can't blame the law for screwing with us because of that... but it really pisses me off too

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdaddyRXP View Post
    There are so many kids and azzholes on ski's that give us a bad rap... thats why the law screws with ski's so bad I've nearly been in fights before with people for telling them to slow the f*ck down in no wake zones There are alot of azzholes on ski's that don't pay any attention to the rules of the waterways... you really can't blame the law for screwing with us because of that... but it really pisses me off too
    i've been in the same position....it gets ugly at the boat ramps(nothing physical)...not to say it's tourists but i've seen boats registered outta state and they think that they can do whatever they want and not get in trouble.....but you've got to remember, the dnr's and authorities are watching over everyone to have a safe time, if you know you did something wrong(which you probably didn't)then I believe officers should take it into their authority to a point...if you're innocent dont be afraid to contact the right people!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by gorilla03 View Post
    i've been in the same position....it gets ugly at the boat ramps(nothing physical)...not to say it's tourists but i've seen boats registered outta state and they think that they can do whatever they want and not get in trouble.....but you've got to remember, the dnr's and authorities are watching over everyone to have a safe time, if you know you did something wrong(which you probably didn't)then I believe officers should take it into their authority to a point...if you're innocent dont be afraid to contact the right people!
    You meant what I knew. If it is happening so much that you would consider getting out, then I would contact the agency heads that control the waters. They are the ones that tell the officers what to enforce and what not to.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jpeconsult View Post
    You meant what I knew. If it is happening so much that you would consider getting out, then I would contact the agency heads that control the waters. They are the ones that tell the officers what to enforce and what not to.

sorry worded mine wrong i ment if you were being harrassed by the authorities(on the water)dont be afraid to contact their bosses....

Yep, been pulled over to check all of my equipment. Was in "international" waterway and needed a whistle, a big flag, etc.. Of course, didn't have the big flag and they know most people won't. Mostly it's a revenue hunt, turn honest citizens into criminals.

+1
    Now about the dumb ass I saw today! Not an officer in sight! Kid yes a Kid jumping boat waves straight into the back of a boat. Yes, he landed in the boat. Messed up his ski no damage to the boat! The two guys in the boat picked up his ski at tossed it back in the water. Him also. Yes, Iam guilty I gave the kid a hand so he didn't lose his ski.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information