engine breakup past 7/8 throttle

Like it says my engine's breaking up and loosing speed and rpm past about 7/8 throttle or just below full throttle im getting 81.2mph at 8200 with about 14lbs of boost and my AF gauge is im thinking off but its pig rich at 9.8 at that speed and throttle. Anyone know why when i give it full throttle it hickups and bucks. The other thing to is the boost gauge hits 18-20lbs when i go full throttle. Im thinking its blowing out the spark of something.

+1
    sounds like you need to go over your entire fuel system, but first and foremost I would make sure you're not maxing out your fuel pump. make sure there is no blockage anywhere and make sure all of the injectors are firing like they should be.

Im pretty sure the injectors are good it did the same thing with my 48's in. The fuel pump ive been told is a weak link and i'll have to look over the rest of the system i guess and get this af gauge working.

+1
    same thing as with 48s hmmm. what do you have the boost set at? have you tried running a lower psi?

yup same thing with them. I have the boost to the lowest what im going to try next is to get rid of the boost controller and hook it straight to the wastegate so it defaults to the springs boost rate i hope anyways. I just played with the fuel system a little bit and tried to lower the boost even more took the ski out on the water for about 15 min. same shit and then something happened. It started running weird vibrating real bad and then slowing down like no other then i noticed it was getting heavy in the rear. My seal let go thank god i was next to the boat launch and there were people around to tow me back i almost lost her with a quickness.

+1
    A/f 9.8 @ wot. That does'nt sound right but if it is that will make it stumble and run bad. You should be shooting for 11.9 A/f. Turn the fuel pressure down about 10-15lbs and see what happens.

Thread Information