Dealing with dealers...

This will be my first experience with a dealer, of any kind. I've made a call list and called around for prices on leftover ('08 model STX-15f, and 250x skis. Best deals i've found as of yet are before taxes:

$6500 for the STX-15F leftover '08
    $7999 for the 250x leftover '08

This is for the ski alone, i will need a cover and the "coast guard package"; fire extinguisher, flares, whistles, etc, etc.

Are these good deals? Can the dealers possibly 'sharpen their pencils' on these prices? like anyone, i just want the BEST possible price. Times are tough, and I see everyone trying to beat anyone elses prices. What CAN dealers include, what is it they CAN'T. I want to be reasonable...

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Mack77 View Post
    This will be my first experience with a dealer, of any kind. I've made a call list and called around for prices on leftover ('08 model STX-15f, and 250x skis. Best deals i've found as of yet are before taxes:

$6500 for the STX-15F leftover '08
    $7999 for the 250x leftover '08

This is for the ski alone, i will need a cover and the "coast guard package"; fire extinguisher, flares, whistles, etc, etc.

Are these good deals? Can the dealers possibly 'sharpen their pencils' on these prices? like anyone, i just want the BEST possible price. Times are tough, and I see everyone trying to beat anyone elses prices. What CAN dealers include, what is it they CAN'T. I want to be reasonable...

Thanks!

Honda/Kawasaki in Fort Pierce Florida....ask for Rob...tell em Shawn sent ya. 2008 250x. Tax, title, reg, EZ Loader trailer, 4 year ext warrenty, 2 vests, anchor, coast guard package...9,500 out the door

+1
    $8000 for an 08' Ultra 250X is an excellent price. I paid more for an 07' recently.

This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    +1

and it still amazes me...

guys shows up yesterday wanting to sell a pair of 06 vx110's. Nice shape right..guy says he needs cash and wants to sell em "right now"

OK, deal-a-roo..right..I go into the office, punch em up in the kbb and write my number down ( offer $9500 with the railer for the pair, I've got a possible buyer so I can make a quick 10% on the sale (maybe))

Back outside I ask the guy what he thinks he'll get.

"Oh, around $15,000 they are like new"

sometimes I wonder if I should start drinking..the retail is $5500, trade in, well that's a desperation number there.

Folks think they can buys some skis, use them for three seasons, not do any maintenace and then make money on them.

I gotta be on the wrong end of the counter my friends, this is not the first time I've gotten this kind of offer.

Told him my number,looked at me and said something about his brother in law getting 13k for em somewhere, but he can't sell them that low.

Told him to enjoy riding them this summer, as new ones can be had for 3k down and 300 a month..and nobody is gonna get a loan to buy these, the bank will just laugh at the deal.

Moral of the story..go to the dealer, right now there are somedeals to be had if you can plunk down some cash.

I just bought a 2008 leftover stx-15f for 5999. That's 6554.?? out the door with cover. No trailer.

Thanks everyone...

Yeah i'm going to put down cash, could this work in my benefit to buy it outright, maybe get a better deal?

So around 8k for the 250 is a good deal, (ski, cover, coast guard package) could the dealer possibly do this?

And halfhassjack, was that 5999 plus the tax you paid right?

6551.00 out the door....that's tax included. Base price was 5999.00.

I just bought a new 08 15F for right at $5900 before tax. Out the door with trailer, registration, permanent tags on trailer, all of the required safety stuff, reg numbers, anchor bag, Kawasaki cover, all of the fees, and taxes I paid $7800. I think (*hope*) I did ok.

The deal went like this:
    Dealer: "you interested"
    Me: "depends on the wife"
    Dealer: "here's what I can do. Dealer cost minus the $1250 rebate. Cost on everything else."

He added on the "freight charge" ($400) which he plainly told me was his profit in the deal. But after the final deal he threw in the cover to make the sale. He also told me he would do any of the Kawasaki warranties for $50 over his cost and that I have a year to decide.

And here's a big thing for me. I came away from the process feeling like I could trust my salesman/the store to do right by me in the future. Kenny at JSU in Phoenix was great.

Thread Information