Interesting Little Present

Just got the 1200r back from the marina (back from storage). Opened up the front storage latch and found a clear zip lock pouch with 4 Riva racing stickers in it. Upon further examination - There is a price sticker for a cat temp sensor on it. What was this doing in my ski? Isn't this item for when you install a D-plate? How would i know if they put that on it? Because the ski runs differently now...it is way more rough...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by AquaVolGP View Post
    Just got the 1200r back from the marina (back from storage). Opened up the front storage latch and found a clear zip lock pouch with 4 Riva racing stickers in it. Upon further examination - There is a price sticker for a cat temp sensor on it. What was this doing in my ski? Isn't this item for when you install a D-plate? How would i know if they put that on it? Because the ski runs differently now...it is way more rough...
    It's easier to check to see if they installed the chip than to see if they changed the plate.

The exhaust temp sensor is on the top of stinger pipe.Follow it to the harness behind the flush out adapter. The black plug is the exhaust temp, the greenish-white plug is water temp.

If the black plug is unplugged and tied off. Check the harness to see if the sensor is installed. It's black @ 1 1/2" long and clips in.

It's near impossible to see if the D-plate is installed looking from the outside as the D-plates and Cat-Con look the same. Since you ski is 7-8 years old, you may be able to tell if the plate is shiny new compared to the aged stinger pipe.

If they installed the D-plate, they had to use the chip or your exhaust temp warning will beep.

Since you didn't ask or o.k any work to be done. My guess is they did the install on another ski and used yours as a reference in putting the other back together and left the bag in your ski. Or, they simply used your storage bucket as a trash can.

+1
    My question would be if the ski is being stored, WTF are they doing jacking with your storage compartment, much less installing a sensor?

Quote Originally Posted by KirkF350 View Post
    My question would be if the ski is being stored, WTF are they doing jacking with your storage compartment, much less installing a sensor?

I agree - I would be more worried about someone accessing my stuff. Maybe someone took the ski for joy ride (just kidding).

Why would a storage place install mods anyway, and much less for free? Did they rape you on storage fee's and feel guilty.

Thread Information