Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    +1

1st Catalina Ride on a RXT iS

Yesterday I took my RXT iS on a Catalina Island training ride in preperation for the LB2Cat race. The ski ran well and the hull did a great job in hooking up with the rough waters. There was a solid 3+ foot chop. The waves were coming from multiple directions and the ski did hookup and tracked very good.

Now the bad part... I broke my suspension 10 miles offshore. About 10 miles out I felt the ski acting really weird. I was bouncing like crazy on it and the ski had a feeling like it was just dropping out from under me.

After stopping for a minute I bounced myself on the suspension and sure enough it was like the top deck was on springs only and not any shocks. The suspension would still travel up and down and even enter dock mode no problem. But there was just no resistance in the suspension system.

I had to ride all the way back to shore like this and I can tell you it was a horrible experience. My ski is now at the dealer so they can figure out what happened.

So here is the issues list so far with my iS:

• Fuel Pump showing less then 1ohm therefore causing the check engine light to come on, this has not hampered performance of the craft.
    • Suspension broke on the 1st real test in rough ocean waters.
    • Seat cover tearing by the glove box

Interesting. Let us know what the dealer finds.

Prohibido usuario
    +1
    I got a feeling this is going to be a common problem with the IS for the more aggressive riders. What will have to be done is figure out what is the weakest part that is failing and strengthen it. Repeat procedure as other parts fail until the entire suspension is beefed up. Keep taking it to the dealer so that BRP will be forced to strengthen the whole system on future model years.

+1
    This is not good news...

I'm anxious to try mine Saturday if the weather in Quebec is not that bad... I hope it's going to be more reliable...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by mazdaspd96 View Post
    I'm anxious to try mine Saturday if the weather in Quebec is not that bad... I hope it's going to be more reliable...

I got my fingers crossed for you cause next weekend is looking cool again for southern ontario. If its cool next weekend im busting out the winter jacket and hitting the lake.

+1
    Rode my "Is" this weekend in some 1-2 ft chop. Worked very well. Let's hope it holds up!

I'm sorry to hear that Aha. I have about 35 hours on mine, been riding in the SF bay with plenty of chop and my suspension is doing fine right now. I hope they find out what's wrong with your ski and make it stronger then before. These ski's have the ability to be the next generation! Now only if I can get my ski to 75 mph...

Quote Originally Posted by aha View Post

So here is the issues list so far with my iS:

• Fuel Pump showing less then 1ohm therefore causing the check engine light to come on, this has not hampered performance of the craft.
    • Suspension broke on the 1st real test in rough ocean waters.
    • Seat cover tearing by the glove box
    Change the fuel pump. I think that is a "Fox" shock sad, you would figure Dirt bike riding is like Offshore riding.....that's why I love it I bet ya it's the electronics that control the shocks that went bad Seat covers tearing? ..............Get your Fat A$$ off the seat and Race ................. Jammer loves ya brother!

Hey Aha, were there any kawi's with yah?

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information