Spark test on my gp1200

Today I did a spark test on my gp1200 to see if my stattor or cdi was bad and when i pulled the plug and layed it on the bolt i didnt see any spark at first then i put it back on the bolt again and the ski actually fired up for a second. So I put the plug back in and started the ski and when it fired up it idled good for about a second or two then would sound like shit like it was wanting to die or something with a very low idle. I was on the phone with Dav dman at the time so he heard what it sounded like. Im guessing it is still either the cdi or stattor cause it sounds like it gets a good initial spark at first but then wants to cease on me.

So let me hear what you guys think it could be!!!
    Thanks,
    Tamous

Quote Originally Posted by tamous View Post
    Today I did a spark test on my gp1200 to see if my stattor or cdi was bad and when i pulled the plug and layed it on the bolt i didnt see any spark at first then i put it back on the bolt again and the ski actually fired up for a second. So I put the plug back in and started the ski and when it fired up it idled good for about a second or two then would sound like shit like it was wanting to die or something with a very low idle. I was on the phone with Dav dman at the time so he heard what it sounded like. Im guessing it is still either the cdi or stattor cause it sounds like it gets a good initial spark at first but then wants to cease on me.

So let me hear what you guys think it could be!!!
    Thanks,
    Tamous
    same thing 99 gp1200 on sat arvo, just assembled new engine, wouldnt fire, 2mm spark jump (should be 12mm). 99% will be stator, was going to pull stator out yesterday but the jet boat was calling out to me and asking to go for a spin.

will strip down tonight, am sure the coil will be rooted

+1
    Did you do the test I gave to Dave? it takes all of 10 minutes to do, unplug the stator cable from the ebox, throw a meter on it like shown in the test record values.

Quote Originally Posted by OsideBill View Post
    Did you do the test I gave to Dave? it takes all of 10 minutes to do, unplug the stator cable from the ebox, throw a meter on it like shown in the test record values.
    I havent done the test yet but i am going to go meet up with dave again sometime this week to test it and hopefully find something out

+1
    I maybe fighting the same issues. Mine seems to want to do that all of a sudden. According to the manual...stator is good...but from reading, they could indicate good for 4 minutes and then be bad...so ...

+1
    I'll let you know how my test comes out and you can try my CDI if it does not fix my issue.

M

Thread Information