2nd ski - ZXI 1100 - Opinions/fair price for 99-02 models

Looking for a second ski. Trying to decide between spending $3K or less on 2 stroke or going up to $5K on another 4 stroke. I can get some great deals at a local aution and craigslist/Ebay. Candidates below:

2 Stroke
    - ZXI 1100
    - Seadoo GTX Limited
    - STX 1100

4 Stroke
    - Another 15F (Can't ever find a good enough deal because everyone loves them)
    - 12F
    - Ultra LX
    - Seadoo GTX Limited
    - Yamaha FX HO

Most of the 4 strokes are really out of my current price range (want to pay cash) but keeping my eye out for great deals

I've been researching on here but would love to hear opinions on ride characteristics/reliability for any of the above. Thanks.

+1
    I had a '96 1100 ZXi. I really enjoyed it! It was very playful, easy to break the back end loose and spin, jump, etc. and pretty fast. A fun, easy to handle 'Ski for just about anyone to handle.

I've got an Ultra 150, which is substantially different. Significantly more power and 'crisper' handling. You'll hurt yourself if you try to spin it over about 40 MPH.

I was going to mention the ultra 150 as well for your price range. Its a great jumper, good speed in stock form and can be really fast if you are so inclined to mod it. Steve is right though it can throw you down and hurt you. I speak from expieriance

Thanks for the input. I have a chance to buy a pristine (looks like it just came off the showroom) '02 ZXI 1100 for ~$1900. I don't think it has an hour meter on it but there's not a mark on this thing (not even any dock rash). Anyway, I'm going to be running it on a hose prior to purchase and checking the compression. Anyone know what the compression numbers should be. My research tells me this is a pretty good deal and seems like a nice 2nd ski with my 08 15F. What do you think? Should I pull the trigger?

+1
    The actual compression numbers will vary with elevation, calibration of the gauge, hot or cold, throttle position, etc. I'd look for numbers in the 110-120 PSI range, but more important, all three cylinders should be within 5-10 PSI of each other. If one is low, that calls for further investigation.

Thread Information