+1

Changing the FZR/SHO Supercharger Wheel

Not sure if this has been covered before, but I wanted to see if there were any pictures or guidlines for changing the wheels on these superchargers. If it's already been covered then sorry, but I searched and couldnt find much. Hate to ask alot also, but if any place had the info it's greenhulk.

Things I think would be helpful, and great for noobs like myself are:

1. Pics or verbage for what needs to be removed for wheel replacement.

2. Same for the special tools involved/needed with changing the wheel.

3. Things to maybe look out for if anyone has damaged one by just guessing like I would probably end up doing.

4. Any tips to make the job smooth and done right.

5. Maybe some details on exactly how to rebuild that sprag bearing if things have really not gone your way from some bad luck with the C3.

Once again sorry if details have been covered, but I checked the library and did some key word searches just keep coming up empty handed. Thanks to all who contribute to this thread no matter how big or small.

Greenhulk Rocks

These are the photos I took of mine in bits. I snapped the SC shaft so I ain't the one to offer advice other than inch pounds is just over finger tight. The photos and R+D instructions should see you through
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	supercharger 027.JPG 
Views:	513 
Size:	147.1 KB 
ID:	134497   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	supercharger 018.JPG 
Views:	519 
Size:	229.5 KB 
ID:	134498   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	supercharger 026.JPG 
Views:	336 
Size:	241.4 KB 
ID:	134499   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	supercharger 019.JPG 
Views:	264 
Size:	203.5 KB 
ID:	134500   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	supercharger 020.JPG 
Views:	240 
Size:	224.6 KB 
ID:	134501   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	supercharger 021.JPG 
Views:	289 
Size:	250.7 KB 
ID:	134502  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	supercharger 022.JPG 
Views:	231 
Size:	181.1 KB 
ID:	134503   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	supercharger 023.JPG 
Views:	218 
Size:	183.6 KB 
ID:	134504   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	supercharger 025.JPG 
Views:	260 
Size:	159.2 KB 
ID:	134505   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	supercharger 024.JPG 
Views:	260 
Size:	161.1 KB 
ID:	134506  

+1
    Wakeboardmuppet....thanks for the pics they are awesome and show alot of what's involved. Hopefully, Allstar will post his pictures here as well because I read that he nailed down the sprag bearing re-build. Bigger hopes are I will never need to tackle it, but if we do I know there are some do-it-yourself peeps that have all the answers. Once again thanks. Going for the wheel replacement soon.

+1
    Do you have the R&D instructions? I installed mine yesterday & they are very easy to follow & also list all torque specs for reassembly. I marked the different sized bolts holding the SC housing to the engine with colored sharpies to keep from forgetting which went where. An in/lb torque wrench will come in very handy for the job & prevent breaking the shaft...you'll need one that goes down to 70 in/lbs. Also, make sure to remember the nut holding on the impeller is a left hand thread, so you'll need to turn it clockwise to remove. The only snags I had was the ridiculously priced housing tool from R&D didn't come with the 8mm nuts & the included instructions were missing step #6. Luckily I had another instruction book for the SC that came with the manifold/CFM kit, so after a quick trip to the hardware store all went well.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by mjh3ides View Post
    Do you have the R&D instructions? I installed mine yesterday & they are very easy to follow & also list all torque specs for reassembly. I marked the different sized bolts holding the SC housing to the engine with colored sharpies to keep from forgetting which went where. An in/lb torque wrench will come in very handy for the job & prevent breaking the shaft...you'll need one that goes down to 70 in/lbs. Also, make sure to remember the nut holding on the impeller is a left hand thread, so you'll need to turn it clockwise to remove. The only snags I had was the ridiculously priced housing tool from R&D didn't come with the 8mm nuts & the included instructions were missing step #6. Luckily I had another instruction book for the SC that came with the manifold/CFM kit, so after a quick trip to the hardware store all went well.
    Actually I don't have the instructions, and couldn't find them on R&D's website. That's not saying they aren't there, I just couldn't find them. I think you just saved me a possible broken shaft....so the supercharger wheel is reverse threaded? Wasn't aware, I know prop impellers are. Was that what you were talking about or is it both.....must read more? Also if anyone has those instructions, electronic version, it would be greatly appreciated as my wheel was purchased second hand.

+1
    Make sure the o-ring on the bottom of the charger is placed properly so you don't smash it when you put things back together.

+1
    Yes, the nut holding the SC impeller is left hand threads. I'll scan the instructions to a PDF for you.

+1
    Here you go dude...including step 6.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thread Information