Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

What location are people installing bilge pumps on X4 hulls?

Where are people installing bilge pumps on X4 hulls? What type of pump are you using? Where/how do you mount it. I'm looking for some ideas. Ive been thinking about buying one on ebay for around $20 and putting it towards the back of the ski on the side opposite the drain plug. I dont see much back there to mount it to. LMK your thoughts.

The bilge pump should come with a grate/strainer, and some kind of mounting holes. I would get a peice of stainless flat bar/ sheet metal and bend it to accomodate the pump, then epoxy it into the lowest place where you have enough room. I personally like the red white and blue bilge pumps (forget the brand name) and would get something around 200GPH or higher

Rule is the brand you are looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by redemn93 View Post
    Rule is the brand you are looking for.
    I saw some of those at bass pro. What is the best way to run them though? Are they ok to run all of the time or just run them on a switch? I know they make automatic ones, but they are pricey

if you run it full time it will burn out. run a switch if you dont want to get the auto one.

+1
    I run a rule on my 1996 XP. I don't have it mounted, but it seems to stay in place in the trough by the battery. The steering cable might be holding it in place. I have the regular kind with a manual switch. I run it all the time when I am riding and I just had to replace it last year after 5 years. I do have a separate connector near the battery, so I can unhook it when I am not riding in case the switch fails. I don't want my battery to burn out.

I would recommend putting the outlet somewhere that you can easily see when it is working.

+1
    my bilge is sitting down beside the bailers. the outlet is on the side of the hull just below the rear grab handle.

thats the set up i was thinking about doing.

Can i see some pics guys? I know they come with a bracket but I wasnt sure what to mount it too. I could just make a little T-bracket out of metal and attach it to a pre-existing bolt. That was my plan....

Finally something i can give some light on instead of asking for help!!

I installed a bilge setup on my 99 XPL last week.

I went with a rule 360 GPH non automatic pump
    I ran a waterproof switch up onto the dash next to my gauges to flick it on and off when needed. They state they will not burn out if dry and the ski shop i bought it from said most of their staff turn them on when they drop the ski in the water and off when they winch it back on the trailer.
    Make sure you use a fuse on install (depending on what size pump you get will depend on what size fuse.)
    With the outlet line you MUST put a large loop in it and bring it up well above the waterline, as on my ski the outlet is below water level (stock outlet) and is currently back syphoning when the pumps off as i havnt put a loop in it yet need to buy more hose.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information