Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Weekend recap: 6-1-09

Lets see some progress posted, obxjeep did this weeks progress report on the GP so I figured most would post on that..

'OPX' scott posted his progress earlyer.. nice, clean up of the fuel hose setup's and the med yellow on the hull (not brite), works great..

we know 'MP' mike has his blaster waterbox and regasketed the raider.. what up?

'NNJ' jerome got an some 'extra' in the 'box' this week.. did you work on skis lol

'PBk' kris WAS fine tuneing the 1200 this weekend.. results? KILLS!!

'FSCOT' scot was out trying to egg kris for some good runs.. what where the final results of this meeting , fill us in on the heat match ups (in school kills don't count, out schools do, so fill us in...)

'97SLPR' is running and wants the o/s fellows to take a north road trip so he can get more kills... any locals get it this weekend?

'CMR' cody got rid of his stumble and is playing fuel chemist

'BR' Mark has the angel running and working to get her ready for MB5...(hope his secret works on his progress do his work and oldschool proud at mudbug ..)

'WR500' eric got the red 500 99% compleated this week and am still hearing impaired from tuning that thing, on the stand( what a screach it has up close)

Lots of new members here working on skis, come on fellows this is THE area to tell us what you've done and compleated.. GOOD or BAD ...no News IS whats BAD here!!..

COME ON GUYS... RESPOND !!!!!LET US KNOW WHATS UP IN OLD SCHOOL THIS WEEK PAST!!!

not much action for me i need parts and the market is geting slow...i think summer is here..anyways nice work everyone, eric that WR looks killer!

thanks .. red , white and black do look good together !!

( PILO and I should be honerary members of the DRC 'cause we are using the DEGO RACING COLORS )

ran a 66.7 yesterday, but was too choppy to tune my highs. I will get 70 with the skat pump. Probably 73-74 with a stock pump and j prop.

nice kris, you know that to river run you need that scat.. i'd worry about it and not smooth set up speed..(i know the fox and the chain can get as rough as the gulf..)

yeah I am going to stick with my skat pump for a while. I might jump to a 148 skat pump instead of my 155mm.

Here come the smokers! OBXJeepGuy's Avatar
    That is actually gloss white I did on the hull. I did a bright yellow on the rest of what was yellow from the factory. I almost painted the damn thing solid black on a whim, but obviously didn't.

Painted all of the plastic/rubber trim pieces, grab handle, and side bumpers black with Krylon Fusion. As advertised, it does in fact let you twist, and flex the painted parts without cracking, or peeling.

The seats are in DIRE need of re-covering...

looks good OBX.. I painted the chin pad on the red wr with red krylon vinal paint.. it dooesnt seam to flex as well as the sema bumber gloss black ,as used on the othe wr, but its a pretty good color match to all the other red on this ski.. the mats are home made's ..I used a padded desk mat..ripped the top away , used the rubber under-layer.. not perfect, but real cost effective ( free)..

'FLYING SCOTSMAN's' post on this weekends results ..its a good read,pilfered from his thread..

(hope you dont mind me doing this scot!)

IN HIS WORDS...

I made 2 trips to Paddock lake it was cool but my flat water set up couldnt handle it the second day.
    1st day I ran a 65.2 and I think Kris ran a 66.4 before I lost my GPS.
    Pat seems to be close to running good he needs a prop and Kris is getting there too.The first day kris had fuel issues and the second day he had battery issues.
    We ran 1 time on the first visit Kris said lets make a run to the other side of the lake so I nodded and we both took off I got out in front and got into superman waiting for kris to pull up next to me.I reached the far side of the lake and turned around looked for him and saw him way back.
    Went back and towed him in
    I towed him in 2 more times over both visits and towed in his brother once.
    I made some changes before the second visit but the lake was a bit to cut up for me to know if I gained or lost rpm.
    Nice little lake it was good on Friday but sunday was way to busy.
    Pats ski is very nice sounds awesome Krist'ys ski is verry nice sounds awesome i think there both close to some better #s.

SUCKS YOU LOST THE GPS.. I have the big '76' maps ,'waterproof'that floats and is also in a padded urathane pouch made of the same stuff dive gear is made of...unless I smash it or suck it into a pump , I'm good

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information