Thread: Weak Beep

+1

Weak Beep

Hey guys, just did a motor and driveline rebuild on my 98XPL. When i baught the machine, it had a burned piston. Before i knew the motor was bad ( previous owner said it ran fine) i tried to start it and i got the 2 beeps but the motor wouldnt crank. Come to find out there was a rock jammed in the jetpump. Now, after rebuilding the complete engine, carbs, fuel lines, and jetpump, i was attempting to start it this weekend when i realized im not getting the 2 beeps when i plug in my key. the engine cranks over fine, but the 2 beeps are very faint to almost silent. Are the gauges supposed to do something when i plug in the key? if so, they are not doing anything. im going to check over the grounds tonite and make sure they are good.

+1
    Slow 91,

I just finished rebuilding my 96 GSX engine/ carb..

Placed the laynard on, had absolutley no beeps, yet she started right up, sounds great, idle revs are good, throttle is very responsive - no beeps, runs great (go figure).

I did find a pin hole leak on my exhaust pipe that I'll need to repair though.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Petron View Post
    Slow 91,

I just finished rebuilding my 96 GSX engine/ carb..

Placed the laynard on, had absolutley no beeps, yet she started right up, sounds great, idle revs are good, throttle is very responsive - no beeps, runs great (go figure).

I did find a pin hole leak on my exhaust pipe that I'll need to repair though.

the part i dont understand, is my gauges are not comming on. When i plug in the key, nothing happends with the gauges and i have 1/2 tank of gas in it and its still reading empty. All fuses in the Mpem are fine, the fuses in the front electrical box are all fine. All connections throughout the machine are good.

Quote Originally Posted by Slow 91 View Post
    the part i dont understand, is my gauges are not comming on. When i plug in the key, nothing happends with the gauges and i have 1/2 tank of gas in it and its still reading empty. All fuses in the Mpem are fine, the fuses in the front electrical box are all fine. All connections throughout the machine are good.

If your gas reads emty all the time then it could be your gas sensor .

Thread Information