Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

New experiment!! SUCCESS!!!

Reading the good info on the 155mm wedge of LEO'S,got me thinking... first i thought to use the wedge myself ,but realized that the older pumps woud need further machineing at the nozzel for my usage(I need down force not up as some here need )..the wedge would work for up force as the unit would bolt in with mods to the existing unit BUT,you would also need the same 2 degree angle milled into the nozzel's feet to set right in the hull....

to make this long story shorter.... ,I have spair nozzels for the wr's.. thought, I need get more water out (wr's cavitate badly at take off )and down force to the nose... why not bore this out on an angle and kill two birds..

removed the nozzel , chucked up a 3 bar cylinder hone in the drill press , clamped the nozzel on center at a 2 deg angle and bored away...

reinstalled the nozzel and took her out in the water .. amazing difference..more speed ,better handling.. was able to remove 2 of the rear washers and even in the rough, no more bounce..

you fellows looking to get some free up or down force out of the pump, with out the scrubbing speed of manual trim or plate adjustments, may want to take the time and do this... more speed and better handling.. if you have access to a mill machine you can do it quick and will love the difference.. other wise your typical 3 bar hone will do it ....I added aprox. 2 mm total to the diameter...IT WORKS WELL.. if you have a spair stocker and have been running the bigger diameter nozzel ,its a win,win for you too..

Old School Never Dies! codemanrose's Avatar
    Very nice! It does work!!! To bad I won't ever get one. I dont have that kind of equipment but do have a stock nozzle around here.

typical 3 bar is cheap 20-25 bucks crafts man .. and a drill press with a flat surface(wedge 1 side up) or better yet a tiltable table..... in a pinch you can even leave it bolted up and guesstamate the angle and hone with an air drill or a 3/8 electric... hone it dry and wipe often.. its not science but the more accurate the better the flow and exit .... ship the stocker here to me or to one of the other fellows that have access...it works

I could...how much would ya charge? ha.

nada...(well maybe shipping if you want it on super quick return)
    otherwise parcel post is only a couple of $'s

Come on dude....labor is what Im talking about. You deserve some. haha. I know I pay shipping.

hey no foolin.. kris and pilo got those trim cables free o charge even shipping..didnt cost em one red cent...so it is for you too, n/c..its that carry it on thing...
    it's really easy to do when you have the tools...
    (not exactly the perfect one's for this job , but it gets it done)

had a friend say years ago.. ''sell anything else, but your tools.. those you eat with and with them, you always will"..

I havent had to turn a wrench in 24 years, for a living... but still have all those tools.(and have added quite a few since then)

Quote Originally Posted by w/rpm500 View Post
    hey no foolin.. kris and pilo got those trim cables free o charge even shipping..didnt cost em one red cent...so it is for you too, n/c..its that carry it on thing...
    it's really easy to do when you have the tools...
    (not exactly the perfect one's for this job , but it gets it done)

had a friend say years ago.. ''sell anything else, but your tools.. those you eat with and with them, you always will"..

I havent had to turn a wrench in 24 years, for a living... but still have all those tools.(and have added quite a few since then)

And I can't thank you enough for that! If you need anything let me know!
    Thanks again!

cody , you have a p/m..

Got it cody .. Will start on it tonight!!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information