Saving the Manuals every day.. TheBlueMartin's Avatar
    +1

750 internal mods?

Im rebuilding my 750, and while its apart just wondered if anyone had any tips? Ive done a nice polish job on the exhaust ports and manifold, and am going with +.75 WSMmm pistons. Other than that, its stock.

Has anyone shaved/redomed heads, ect...thats worked well without taking away usablity?

She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    +1
    You can have your heads done for higher compression.

Yes, shaved and reshaped domes is what they do. I don't think anyone has done them themselves though.

I had mine done by Watcon.com for $40 a head.

If you're going .75mm over and the heads are stock, you'll have an increased compression already.

You will want to pay attention to where the dome edge meets the head. You don't want any contact to be made, or too little of a squish.

Reliability shouldn't be compromised, as long as compression doesn't go too high. Say 150-160 with 92 octane fuel.

+1
    Sweet, thanks! Do you ever come up to Huron or Michigan and ride, or just stay local in north Ohio?

She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    +1
    I'm an Erie regular.

I will be attending the Midwest get together though.

I think it was you that mentioned the Groupk mods. I love checking over that build page because it shows you prices and speed gains for every step.

If it wasn't you, check it out. Groupk.com and check the 750 mods listed.

+1
    Yeah, it was me. I work with a guy that runs a mod shop, and use to race SeaDoos. Neither of us have much Polaris experiance, so Ive used this place to learn a lot.

fwiw, New Buffalo is the best place to ride out of on Lake Mich. Great little town, lots of nice beaches for miles north and south, and on clear days Chicago looks like a bunch of little spots on the horizon.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlueMartin View Post
    Im rebuilding my 750, and while its apart just wondered if anyone had any tips? Ive done a nice polish job on the exhaust ports and manifold, and am going with +.75 WSMmm pistons. Other than that, its stock.

Has anyone shaved/redomed heads, ect...thats worked well without taking away usablity?
    Make sure to chamfer the port edges ,especially the exhaust port top,and all the transfer ports,I know most people know to do this and its a no brainer ,however its something that is every bit as important as piston to cylinder fit and ring end gap,get any of those 3 wrong or forget to do one of them and you are up for a quick seize the first time you run it up to full heat.(I use wiseco pistons and always after rebuilding an engine heat cycle it at least 3 times before it ever sees water.Te let the rings loosen up a bit and not have so much tension)OH and dont try and break it in on the water hose that is for backflushing,in most engines you are running cold water into it without it going thru exhaust manifold and preheating before getting to cylinders and head,thus causing a cold seize from piston being hot and cylinder cold!!!take care>Marvin.

Thread Information