Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: XBOX360...

XBOX360...

I think I would still rather have it than a PS3 or Wii. Your thoughts?

Nothin' runs like a Deere IowanGPR's Avatar
    I agree.

but i have thought about picking up a ps3 just for the bluray player. want a bluray player lately anyway. yes, xbox360 is a lot better. xbox live makes it great.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by IowanGPR View Post
    I agree.

but i have thought about picking up a ps3 just for the bluray player. want a bluray player lately anyway. yes, xbox360 is a lot better. xbox live makes it great.
    +1

+1
    PS3 does not have Halo, didn't we already torch this ground here:
    http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthre...highlight=halo

+1
    Xbox 360> all

Blueray is a dead technology MS just announced native 1080P movie streaming directly from the Xbox 360. Microsoft did the right thing by not going the BD route and instead went with the online content route. Now you can rent a movie and stream it directly in 1080P without having to waitin in the mail for a BD disk or drive to your local blockbuster.

Also MS announced a motion detection device for the Xbox 360 that will be released next year.

http://www.engadget.com/2009/06/01/m...cip/#continued

That motion thing is tricckk!!!!

Xbox 360> all

+1
    It's kinda funny you mentioned Blue Ray, I was in a BlockBuster store this week and they have a bunch of BR discs, but they don't seem to know what to do with them... they can't really rent them, because people don't have those players yet, and they can't dump the old DVD's because people are still renting the old ones. It doesn't seem to be sweeping the store like DVD swept over VHS. I have hesitated on BR myself, waiting to see what will happen....

Nothin' runs like a Deere IowanGPR's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by YoYamma View Post
    It's kinda funny you mentioned Blue Ray, I was in a BlockBuster store this week and they have a bunch of BR discs, but they don't seem to know what to do with them... they can't really rent them, because people don't have those players yet, and they can't dump the old DVD's because people are still renting the old ones. It doesn't seem to be sweeping the store like DVD swept over VHS. I have hesitated on BR myself, waiting to see what will happen....
    i agree it will take longer to see bluray expand... It's like 4 gig SD card vs 8 gig.... toss up on price vs. value. I like my HD for sports mostly. seeing Bluray right next to regular DVD is amazing. of course the best buy store probably does their best to get a crappy dvd connection to make the bluray look better. I've got HDMI's from my dvd player/surround to my TV and it does pretty well.

+1
    Blueray was great for the last few years but digital media is the future... how many of you buy CD's? Apple has surpassed Walmart in music sales. Digital video is the next big thing and its nice to see Microsoft is embracing it

Quote Originally Posted by IowanGPR View Post
    i agree it will take longer to see bluray expand... It's like 4 gig SD card vs 8 gig.... toss up on price vs. value. I like my HD for sports mostly. seeing Bluray right next to regular DVD is amazing. of course the best buy store probably does their best to get a crappy dvd connection to make the bluray look better. I've got HDMI's from my dvd player/surround to my TV and it does pretty well.
    Compare the contrast ratios on the TVs that they are playing on. If its like the ones that I saw, youll figure out why there is such a big difference in the store between blue ray and DVD

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information