Yamaha ExtraOrdinary Savings

I'm looking to purchase a new Yamaha FZS. Most of the dealers prices around me are at about $11,600. I just noticed on Yamaha's website that they show this months deal includes either 5 years of Yamaha Genuine Coverage, Or $1,000 in extraordinary savings.

Does anyone know what the extraordinary savings are?
    Any one know if its a good idea to pick up the 5 year Genuine Coverage or what is worth?

Not sure what it is, but dealer deals beyond giving you an extended warranty are rarely actually a deal. And, only then if they didn't make up for it somewhere else.

as a piont of reference, you should be under 12,500 OTD (out the door) for that fzs. if you can knock off 1000 from that or get a free 5 year warranty, even better

+1
    I'd go with the 5 year warranty. The initial savings is probably about the same since buying 5 years seperate would be around $1000. However, over the long run that warranty could possibly save you way more than $1000. Consider how complex these new motors are and a failure will cost you big bucks.

The extended warranty sounds like a great idea if you don't plan on modifying for 5 years, but if you do plan on modding more than just the basics, then imo you should tell them to keep it and knock some more money off. I don't know what the extra $1000 stuff is but remember, it's only a bargain if you actually needed the stuff to begin with.
    Alex

Quote Originally Posted by beatsmushin View Post
    The extended warranty sounds like a great idea if you don't plan on modifying for 5 years, but if you do plan on modding more than just the basics, then imo you should tell them to keep it and knock some more money off. I don't know what the extra $1000 stuff is but remember, it's only a bargain if you actually needed the stuff to begin with.
    Alex
    agreed, only do the warranty if you plan for mild mods and/or not keeping it for more than a couple years (as a 5 yr seems to help resale)

Thread Information