Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

rxp-x spider cracks at rear????

just washed the p-x down and noticed spider cracks at the right hand side of the ski at the rear.
    about 2" below sponson and a few inches above scoop grate.there just over 1ft long.
    any ideas what caused this?anyone else had/have this?
    i do ride in rough sea and jump pretty high in the rough but arent these skis supposed to be up to this?

had rxps go at the front but never at the rear.

+1
    Pull the pump and check the tunnel it probably has cracks also.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by rxpstan View Post
    Pull the pump and check the tunnel it probably has cracks also.

lol you speaking from experience?
    didnt know the p-xs were known for it in the pump tunnel i know t-xs do.

changing the wearing soon so ill check then.
    what do you do?just leave them until they get worse?

ive been told if you aint got the cracks you aint went hard enough?

Banned User
    Quote Originally Posted by baba850r View Post
    just washed the p-x down and noticed spider cracks at the right hand side of the ski at the rear.
    about 2" below sponson and a few inches above scoop grate.there just over 1ft long.
    any ideas what caused this?anyone else had/have this?
    i do ride in rough sea and jump pretty high in the rough but arent these skis supposed to be up to this?

had rxps go at the front but never at the rear.
    Jumping waves on these big machines is fun but I don't recommend it.. That's alot of weight crashing down, my ski was flawless until I took it out wave jumping..Learned my lesson

+1
    I agree with Alex. I'd say no these skis are not made/designed to be jumping big waves. LOTS of stress placed on a 10ft 800+ pound object as it comes slamming down. Massive hull flex.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex13 View Post
    Jumping waves on these big machines is fun but I don't recommend it.. That's alot of weight crashing down, my ski was flawless until I took it out wave jumping..Learned my lesson

i do see how hard it must be on them but you would think they would be built to withstand it a few years or at least covered by warranty.its as if brp know they will crack.

how bad are yours?what did you do to stop it?

i done the same jumping on past rxps,rxts and they never went at the back!only front.and my ski is only one side just now?....maybe crappy gelcoat job?

+1
    i do see how hard it must be on them but you would think they would be built to withstand it a few years or at least covered by warranty.its as if brp know they will crack....
    Uhhh, yeah they know it will crack and that's why they clearly tell you in the manual do NOT jump the watercraft.

(this warning is also in our RXT manuals).

Wanna catch big air? Get a wakeboard.

By the way, Yamaha and Honda tell their owners the same thing, go jump a 2009 FX-HO until you crack the hull, then take it in for warranty repair and see what the dealer tells you.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by YoYamma View Post
    Uhhh, yeah they know it will crack and that's why they clearly tell you in the manual do NOT jump the watercraft.

(this warning is also in our RXT manuals).

Wanna catch big air? Get a wakeboard.

By the way, Yamaha and Honda tell their owners the same thing, go jump a 2009 FX-HO until you crack the hull, then take it in for warranty repair and see what the dealer tells you.

no i agree with you on that but....what about when your out in the chop and your using the ski hard it is a performance ski after all.....this must also cause cracks.
    since heard that several rxp-x cc boats have alot of cracks and never been out in the sea let alone wave jumping.

kind of shit when you think there making skis faster each year not better.
    sort the hull and the washers out brp

+1
    no i agree with you on that but....what about when your out in the chop and your using the ski hard it is a performance ski after all.....this must also cause cracks.... since heard that several rxp-x cc boats have alot of cracks and never been out in the sea let alone wave jumping.
    I would say minor spider cracks are pretty common with personal watercraft, I've seen it on forums for years including all of the brands and also on regular boats throughout the marine industry. It does not always seem to cause a major problem with performance.

However I will also say that we seem to be seeing more than the usual amount of "cracking" reports with the newest X models, including severely cracked pump tunnels—which is a separate and more serious issue—not sure why this is happening... see here:
    http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=88853
    http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthre...+tunnel+cracks

As another member here has stated on another thread, tunnel failures in particular have been going on for a long time with c certain models of skis, the Yamaha GPR guys have been fixing theirs for years... as for the washers, BRP no longer puts ceramic washers in there. The new metal ones can still fail, but it is pretty rare compared to the old style.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by YoYamma View Post
    I would say minor spider cracks are pretty common with personal watercraft, I've seen it on forums for years including all of the brands and also on regular boats throughout the marine industry. It does not always seem to cause a major problem with performance.

However I will also say that we seem to be seeing more than the usual amount of "cracking" reports with the newest X models, including severely cracked pump tunnels—which is a separate and more serious issue—not sure why this is happening... see here:
    http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=88853

As another member here has stated on another thread, tunnel failures in particular have been going on for a long time with c certain models of skis, the Yamaha GPR guys have been fixing theirs for years... as for the washers, BRP no longer puts ceramic washers in there. The new metal ones can still fail, but it is pretty rare compared to the old style.
    thanks alot mate good posts there!
    my other skis didnt annoy me as much but i just didnt think there would be many like that at only 1yr old.
    i was meaning sum system to stop clutch washers failing all together if possible.having seen 08 rxp-x fail with 35hrs on them is bad for a new pwc.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information