Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

THink i found my power draw how do i fix it

Ok so all last season i kept having the battery die on me on and off during the season, this year i want to fix it

I just went out hooked up the battery noticed a small spark which i have been told there is a draw somewhere ....there should be no spark at all.

anyways so i cut the orange and black wire to the bilge first and tried it again, no spark....so i think i read on here somewhere there is a VR or something that is what controls this orange wire, can someone confirm this and tell me where to find the part i need ASAP want to ride

also the pink/purple wire that goes with the black wire up towards the handle bars is that the kill switch wire? just followed it and found that someone before me had reconnected the wired, and not done a good job never mind it goes to fuel tank found it no problem there

also what options do i have for riding right now, can i leave the bilge unhooked is this a bad idea.....

thanks

Lake Mead Bum & BTLS Mark starflight's Avatar
    +1
    Well for the interim, you could install a switch to kill the pump when you're done running it, but I wouldn't run w/o it. I don't know what ski you are talking about, but my 780 has a pump and no siphon tubes to evacuate the hull of water. With that being said, if you have no siphon tubes, don't run it w/o the pump.
    Did you measure voltage on the orange wire to ground when the engine wasn't running? Could you hear the pump running when the ski was off? I'm not sure what voltage reg you have as I don't know what model you are having issues with, but if you measure volts on the orange wire from the lr, then it probably needs to be replaced.
    john zigler would have what you need.

Rock County Jet Ski
    608-743-1305 m-f CST
    please email; [email protected]

I have a 1996 slt 780 when i hoooked up the battery the bilge would run for a short period then click off....ran a switch on it awhile ago because of this problem, but thought i had replaced the voltage reg and fixed that problem so ran it normaly again, but now not so sure

also how do i check if there is power to the orange and black wire what setting on my meter would i use, but as i said when i hook up the battery and the bilge is coneccted i can hear it running for a short period slowly

ok checked it 3.7 when the battery is connected to the orange/black

my ski does have a syphon hose

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    3.7 volts on the Orange wires when the engine is not running means the LR module is bad.

Check the LR ground connection first. If that is clean and well grounded, then replace the LR module.

any idea where i can find one in ontario?? also looking back in my records i did replace this in 2007 same module got one from zigler, could i have installed it wrong or could it have failed already...

+1

Arrow LR-23 (4060115) and LR-23-1 (4060171)

Quote Originally Posted by paramuir View Post
    any idea where i can find one in Ontario??

also looking back in my records i did replace this in 2007 same module got one from zigler, could i have installed it wrong or could it have failed already?...
    I have a pair of LR-23 (4060115), and one LR-23-1 (4060171)

I do not know if they are all good (two are marked 'good', but I did not do the testing), nor do I know exactly what the difference is between the LR-23 and LR-23-1.

4060115 REGULATOR/RECT/CUT-OFF
    Substituted by 4060171

+1
    I have noticed several times when connecting a weak battery,the bilge pump will run.I have to assume the voltage regulator has a normally closed transistor,unless it has proper voltage it will not turn off,K has a better understanding of the inner workings of electrical components and I will deffer to him.

What is your battery voltage when connecting ? What is the volt when cranking?
    To me this sounds like a border line weak battery.

P.S. - I bought a pwc that was supposed to have a short (sparked when connecting the battery) The battery was weak,installed a good battery and ran very good. ??

I have had this problem before multiple topics on this and i have replaced a battery almost every year, the battery was new mid season last year and has been trickled on and off all winter. Fully charged it today with a 2amp charger and turns the ski over and fires it no problem,

battery reads 12.05

K- i think you are in TO if i remember correctly...what would be your price to send me the lr 23 that oyu think is good and i could try this and see if it helps at all,

trying to go riding next week so want to have a ski that wont die

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by paramuir View Post
    ...K- i think you are in TO if I remember correctly

...what would be your price to send me the LR 23 that you think is good and I could try this and see if it helps at all...
    PM me your address and contact info

No charge for the LR-23 module

PM sent thanks a lot,

as for the battery i just checked with a meter and it says 12.05

so should be no problems there

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information