Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: S3 VS stock

+1

S3 VS stock

Does anyone have any fuel comparison of a stock RXP to a S3 which would be like a Stage II+ with a S3.

Im just wondering how much more fuel I will use. Is the acceleration a night and day difference or just like a little boost.

night and day difference for sure!

Banned User
    Go straight to an X-charger, you'll be much happier and you'll still have options!! Once you buy a S3 charger your pretty much done with that design, it's designed out... The X charger will push more air being that the internal SC wheel is larger allowing more FLOW...

And YES you will smile and chit yourself when you feel the difference from changing the stock(OEM) SC to a X charger ++++... Wait till you ride a 16+ #s of boost ski

Quote Originally Posted by Alex13 View Post
    Go straight to an X-charger, you'll be much happier and you'll still have options!! Once you buy a S3 charger your pretty much done with that design, it's designed out... The X charger will push more air being that the internal SC wheel is larger allowing more FLOW...

And YES you will smile and chit yourself when you feel the difference from changing the stock(OEM) SC to a X charger ++++... Wait till you ride a 16+ #s of boost ski
    Some people like the reliability and easy fuel requirements of the S3 over the X-charger and having it use a RRFPR.

Nonstop, all day, everyday. 01xdime's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by KeithKman View Post
    Some people like the reliability and easy fuel requirements of the S3 over the X-charger and having it use a RRFPR.
    You nailed it for me bro. I know i'll get out accelerated by a RXT X but when i put my RXT together with a S3 SC,42s, and a 14/19 i rode for almost 130 hours with no problems. I guarantee with an X charger i would have killed the clutches in 40-60 hours. I was running 74mph with that charger last time out and i hope to be faster this year with the same charger.

Quote Originally Posted by 01xdime View Post
    You nailed it for me bro. I know i'll get out accelerated by a RXT X but when i put my RXT together with a S3 SC,42s, and a 14/19 i rode for almost 130 hours with no problems. I guarantee with an X charger i would have killed the clutches in 40-60 hours. I was running 74mph with that charger last time out and i hope to be faster this year with the same charger.
    I ride in rough water. Notice my avatar. The s3 is the biggest charger I want to run in these "extreme" conditions. 90% of the people on this board don't ride in conditions I do.

My plan is s3, 42 Ford Racing Green Top Injectors, XS intercooler, and Riva Waterbox. I'm not sure if I should run a 3 blade 15/18 or a 4 blade 15/20.

Banned User
    +1
    S3, OEM injectors, and a RRFPR all last year....not one issue (except ceremic bearings crapped out)..Same fuel economy when cruising, but when boost kicks in, well, DUH....

On a stock boat, the S3 will actually perform the same as an X....Seen it, know it ...Other factors will determine the final outcome (IC, exhaust, intake, prop, etc)....

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by KeithKman View Post
    I ride in rough water. Notice my avatar. The s3 is the biggest charger I want to run in these "extreme" conditions. 90% of the people on this board don't ride in conditions I do.

My plan is s3, 42 Ford Racing Green Top Injectors, XS intercooler, and Riva Waterbox. I'm not sure if I should run a 3 blade 15/18 or a 4 blade 15/20.

Go with the 15/19 Skat 3-blade....I ran it for 2 years, the pull is GREAT!

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    Go with the 15/19 Skat 3-blade....I ran it for 2 years, the pull is GREAT!
    Awesome. How much top end will the 15/20 4 blade give me over the 15/19? I figure the 15/19 will hookup and pull much harder than the 15/20?

EDIT: Danny, my families first pair of PWC's were two 1992 Yamaha WaveRunner III's. Things ran forever.

The 42 Ford Racing Green Top Injectors should work no problem, right?

+1
    I think I heard 1 mph somewere

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information