Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

more boost on Aquatrax

We started to modified my aquatrax, but when we increase the boost, there is a break on it. The turbo go to 17psi, but after 5-8 second the warning is on...
    Is there someone who would be how to remove it ??? and sorry if my english is not so good.
    Until now, i fit the FX12 Solas impeller ( 18-30) and the Macsboost pump wedge, but i want 15psi steady !!!

What are you using to adjust the boost? A Boost controller? Do you have a module to trick the ECM like the Macsboost Chip?

I using a TurboXS valve controller, a mechanical not electronic. If i using the Macsboost chip, the stock FX15 run at 10PSI, what is the boost now with the chip ??

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by centrehondaquebec View Post
    I using a TurboXS valve controller, a mechanical not electronic. If i using the Macsboost chip, the stock FX15 run at 10PSI, what is the boost now with the chip ??
    The module is not compatible with the F15X. If you want more boost, I offer an ECU kit that bumps the boost 5psi.

Here in Quebec, everyone run with Bombardier 255hp, they are faster then the FX15. With your computer, what is the MPH i can reach?
    With the new impeller i install with some modification for the pump, i have a better acceleration 0-40mph. But i dont feel a good difference with the pump wedge?

+1
    Here in Quebec, everyone run with Bombardier 255hp, they are faster then the FX15. With your computer, what is the MPH i can reach?
    With the new impeller i install with some modification for the pump, i have a better acceleration 0-40mph. But i dont feel a good difference with the pump wedge?
    What impeller. There is nothing available in the aftermarket yet?

The pump wedge is good for more top end and is very simple to install. The gain is real and is around 2mph.

A stage 1 ECU/Wedge is good for over 70mph. With the Intercooler when it is released you will get 270+ hp and no heatsoak.

Yes, i ordr from solas the impeller for the FX12 (18-30 pitch), and a shop here i Quebec machined a new shaft for the impeller and do also a modification inside the pump housing !!! My Aquatrax run very well with this new mods!!! We made the first test yesterday. We are a Honda Center in Quebec and i try to modified it in collaboration with a guy from Toronto Techline

How many MAP sensors are on a Honda?
    It looks like the typical solution for getting around overboost is to "clamp" a map sensor - either by mechanical or electronic means.

They got two MAP, one for the boost and one for the injection. I'm not sure if i can install a fuel cut defender on only one MAP ?

They got two MAP, one for the boost and one for the injection. I'm not sure if i can install a fuel cut defender on only one MAP ?

Interesting... I wonder why Honda choose to do two when you can read the values off of one for both functions?

I think a "fuel cut defender" is the same as what I'm calling a MAP clamp. It limits what boost the MAP sensor sees. You can do this electrically with a circuit that manipulates the output voltage or digital outputs - or you can mechanically by bleeding off some of the boost going to the sensor.

SuperJim does it the mechanical way.
    MacBoost and Nitro do it the electrical way (with other goodies involved).

Either way - don't pioneer it yourself..

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information