Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

WTB: Virage style seat

I'm looking for an absolutely perfect condition seat and can be one of the following: A seat from a 2000 or 2001 Virage TX or any Virage seat with the gray colored front portion (back portion can be any color). If you have one available please send me a PM...thanks!

+1
    I will need this soon...I'd like one before the end of July.

Quote Originally Posted by 32DegH2O View Post
    I will need this soon...I'd like one before the end of July.
    Scott, are you just looking to change the color of the seat? If so, have you considered just buying the cover from Polaris, jettrim, or HydroTurf?

+1
    I'm not trying to change the color...if I can just find a perfect seat then I'm ok with it if the main section isn't the Havasu Red...although it would be nice if it happens. The problem is, I had the dealer order a new front section to put on. Not only did the fabric have permanent crease marks from the way Polaris has them stored...folded and in a flat box..they should have been rolled and in a tube...the shop did a poor job of putting the cover on. I am talking to the owner to see if they can do some tweaking. Now the new cover also has a different textured finish from the original which makes if different from the back...and of course the back piece you can't order any more. I could buy another new front section and have them put it on the back but at this point I've already spent over $300 for the crap I currently have...so I'm not putting any more money into this seat. It currently as is would be fine for most people but I'm being very anal on this project. As for the seat cover guys...I just don't want to now spend $100's more to send it to them and have them do something with it.

I've recovered a few seats in the past. While I'm not an upholstery professional, they came out very nice. You couldn't tell they weren't stock. I used vinyl from Wally World, along with stainless staples. Cost me about $15 to do an SLX seat. The grain was damn near identical to what stock was (as long as you replaced front and back, you'd never know). A good upholstery shop could put it on for you. I just don't think you're going to find anyone with a mint seat...others opinion of mint probably isn't the same as yours. Then you have to factor in what it will cost to ship that thing. I always wanted to put a Jettrim on that ski, but they technically don't make them anymore. I think with a little badgering, they would do one up...just trying to give you a few more ideas.

Rasta Mon Condoms We Be Jammin!!!!! TxVirageTx's Avatar
    +1

seat

what about a freedom seat cover and seat,its lighter,one piece and the back doesn't flip open

Quote Originally Posted by TxPro1200 View Post
    what about a freedom seat cover and seat,its lighter,one piece and the back doesn't flip open
    Now that's a good idea!

+1

speed

wait till i mill the skegs off the op plate,remove 2 grate bars,8 wedge.

+1

my bad

the freedom just has the back part screwed shut i thought i remembered it being a one piece

+1
    I'll have to check into that...as long as I can change out the back part then that would be another option. I like the idea of being lighter!

Yeah I probably wont be able to find a perfect one that's just being sold by itself. I have been keeping my eye out for local skis for sale that might have a perfect seat on it and if it's going for a good price, I might just buy it to switch out the seats and then turn around and sell it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information