Thread: FZR first ride

+1

FZR first ride

Finally got her out. I came from a 2007 FX HO crusier...... damnn talk about difference! Second I got on it, i could feel how nimble the hulll really is, its amazing. Acceleration (stock) is pretty damn good too. I may have felt slight cavitaiton but not 100% sure.... no bucking to report, but it could happen at any time so I am holding my breath, even chopped the throttle and nothing. Hookup is amazing. There was an RXT-x and an ultra 250x on the lake.....i wanted to race....... and they had to go in dang! maybe next time! but the fzr is a sick ski, it jumps wakes good too GPS'd 67.0 3/4 tank, trim was one click down. I didnt ride too hard though, I imagine another 1mph is easily possilbe.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by mazy View Post
    Finally got her out. I came from a 2007 FX HO crusier...... damnn talk about difference! Second I got on it, i could feel how nimble the hulll really is, its amazing. Acceleration (stock) is pretty damn good too. I may have felt slight cavitaiton but not 100% sure.... no bucking to report, but it could happen at any time so I am holding my breath, even chopped the throttle and nothing. Hookup is amazing. There was an RXT-x and an ultra 250x on the lake.....i wanted to race....... and they had to go in dang! maybe next time! but the fzr is a sick ski, it jumps wakes good too GPS'd 67.0 3/4 tank, trim was one click down. I didnt ride too hard though, I imagine another 1mph is easily possilbe.
    just curious, did you look at the speedometer on the ski? what was it saying at top speed?

it is a sweet ski though... it's my first so i dont have anything to compare it to other than the one's that i rode on in the bahamas

+1

Use it well dude.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Crashking View Post
    just curious, did you look at the speedometer on the ski? what was it saying at top speed?

it is a sweet ski though... it's my first so i dont have anything to compare it to other than the one's that i rode on in the bahamas
    I wanna say the speedo was reading a little over 70, around 72 or so.
    PS- arms and legs kill! talk about raw power and torque!

+1
    I wanna say the speedo was reading a little over 70, around 72 or so.
    PS- arms and legs kill! talk about raw power and torque!
    thanks, yeah mine was reading about 75mph... need to get a cheap gps so i can know my speed a little better

my knee was hurting when i was walkin back to my truck... was squatting a lot going wot across the lake chop.. fun but slightly scary

hey guys. took delivery of my fzs last week and took her out for a spin just yesterday afternoon.

i must say i am mightily impressed. amazing hookup. i am most surprised by how awesome it sounds as it spools up towards full power. it just sounds mean.

my world is now torn in 2 between the superjet and the fzs - a cleverer man would have organised a dual trailer so i can pull them both to the shore and decide minute by minute - but i guess living just 10mins from the ocean has some benefit

interestingly i've had mine on order since early december (working in the middle east atm) and mine was in the first batch delivered here just 5 weeks or so ago. word is spreading as on the way to the beach, i stopped to fill her tank for the first time and a local guy offered my double what i paid to take her off my hands right then and there!

only after 30mins on the ski i realised i better not tell the wife because i wont be giving this baby back.

more news as it breaks.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Crashking View Post
    thanks, yeah mine was reading about 75mph... need to get a cheap gps so i can know my speed a little better

my knee was hurting when i was walkin back to my truck... was squatting a lot going wot across the lake chop.. fun but slightly scary
    just your knee! lucky haha my entire body kills, and im built too.

+1
    just your knee! lucky haha my entire body kills, and im built too.
    haha, i used to work out, but havent in over 3 years... but i do ride my atv a lot so that helps... plus I'm a Technician for Audi so i'm used to usin my legs for tires and my arms for breaking bolts loose

Thread Information