Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: FZR first ride

  1. #1
    lets race.... mikeFZR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    4,134
    +1
    205

    FZR first ride

    Finally got her out. I came from a 2007 FX HO crusier...... damnn talk about difference! Second I got on it, i could feel how nimble the hulll really is, its amazing. Acceleration (stock) is pretty damn good too. I may have felt slight cavitaiton but not 100% sure.... no bucking to report, but it could happen at any time so I am holding my breath, even chopped the throttle and nothing. Hookup is amazing. There was an RXT-x and an ultra 250x on the lake.....i wanted to race....... and they had to go in dang! maybe next time! but the fzr is a sick ski, it jumps wakes good too GPS'd 67.0 3/4 tank, trim was one click down. I didnt ride too hard though, I imagine another 1mph is easily possilbe.


  2. #2
    Crashking's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Posts
    164
    +1
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by mazy View Post
    Finally got her out. I came from a 2007 FX HO crusier...... damnn talk about difference! Second I got on it, i could feel how nimble the hulll really is, its amazing. Acceleration (stock) is pretty damn good too. I may have felt slight cavitaiton but not 100% sure.... no bucking to report, but it could happen at any time so I am holding my breath, even chopped the throttle and nothing. Hookup is amazing. There was an RXT-x and an ultra 250x on the lake.....i wanted to race....... and they had to go in dang! maybe next time! but the fzr is a sick ski, it jumps wakes good too GPS'd 67.0 3/4 tank, trim was one click down. I didnt ride too hard though, I imagine another 1mph is easily possilbe.
    just curious, did you look at the speedometer on the ski? what was it saying at top speed?

    it is a sweet ski though... it's my first so i dont have anything to compare it to other than the one's that i rode on in the bahamas

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Southern Florida
    Posts
    5,589
    +1
    345
    Quote Originally Posted by mazy View Post
    Finally got her out. I came from a 2007 FX HO crusier...... damnn talk about difference! Second I got on it, i could feel how nimble the hulll really is, its amazing. Acceleration (stock) is pretty damn good too. I may have felt slight cavitaiton but not 100% sure.... no bucking to report, but it could happen at any time so I am holding my breath, even chopped the throttle and nothing. Hookup is amazing. There was an RXT-x and an ultra 250x on the lake.....i wanted to race....... and they had to go in dang! maybe next time! but the fzr is a sick ski, it jumps wakes good too GPS'd 67.0 3/4 tank, trim was one click down. I didnt ride too hard though, I imagine another 1mph is easily possilbe.

    Use it well dude.

  4. #4
    lets race.... mikeFZR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    4,134
    +1
    205
    Quote Originally Posted by Crashking View Post
    just curious, did you look at the speedometer on the ski? what was it saying at top speed?

    it is a sweet ski though... it's my first so i dont have anything to compare it to other than the one's that i rode on in the bahamas
    I wanna say the speedo was reading a little over 70, around 72 or so.
    PS- arms and legs kill! talk about raw power and torque!

  5. #5
    Crashking's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Posts
    164
    +1
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by mazy View Post
    I wanna say the speedo was reading a little over 70, around 72 or so.
    PS- arms and legs kill! talk about raw power and torque!
    thanks, yeah mine was reading about 75mph... need to get a cheap gps so i can know my speed a little better

    my knee was hurting when i was walkin back to my truck... was squatting a lot going wot across the lake chop.. fun but slightly scary

  6. #6
    hey guys. took delivery of my fzs last week and took her out for a spin just yesterday afternoon.

    i must say i am mightily impressed. amazing hookup. i am most surprised by how awesome it sounds as it spools up towards full power. it just sounds mean.

    my world is now torn in 2 between the superjet and the fzs - a cleverer man would have organised a dual trailer so i can pull them both to the shore and decide minute by minute - but i guess living just 10mins from the ocean has some benefit

    interestingly i've had mine on order since early december (working in the middle east atm) and mine was in the first batch delivered here just 5 weeks or so ago. word is spreading as on the way to the beach, i stopped to fill her tank for the first time and a local guy offered my double what i paid to take her off my hands right then and there!

    only after 30mins on the ski i realised i better not tell the wife because i wont be giving this baby back.

    more news as it breaks.

  7. #7
    lets race.... mikeFZR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    4,134
    +1
    205
    Quote Originally Posted by Crashking View Post
    thanks, yeah mine was reading about 75mph... need to get a cheap gps so i can know my speed a little better

    my knee was hurting when i was walkin back to my truck... was squatting a lot going wot across the lake chop.. fun but slightly scary
    just your knee! lucky haha my entire body kills, and im built too.

  8. #8
    Crashking's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Posts
    164
    +1
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by mazy View Post
    just your knee! lucky haha my entire body kills, and im built too.
    haha, i used to work out, but havent in over 3 years... but i do ride my atv a lot so that helps... plus I'm a Technician for Audi so i'm used to usin my legs for tires and my arms for breaking bolts loose

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. SOLD R&D FZR First Edition Ride Plate - $125 + shipping
    By washingtonrider in forum Yamaha Classifieds
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-22-2016, 01:33 PM
  2. FZR w/ Motec first ride
    By scottie mac in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 08-05-2009, 04:03 PM
  3. Just got my fzr...first ride
    By Doug78 in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-31-2009, 05:02 AM
  4. FZR First Ride Impressions (Oldman's FZR)
    By MPower in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 03-10-2009, 10:52 PM
  5. First ride fzr
    By big raider in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 95
    Last Post: 02-08-2009, 05:06 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •