Factory Tower Boats...

Can anyone confirm or deny- on boats that came w/ oem towers installed, extra support being added where the side rails bolt down to the hull.

I know when I bought my speedster 200 new, they only had one red one and said I could add on a tower for another $3200 or so...They wern't going to order another boat from seadoo just so I could have add a tower.

Tried ordering one last week and they are giving me some bullshit that there is extra support on the tower boats, and if it didn't come w/ a tower, you can't put one on.

Went on to try to sell me some other overpriced tower for $2500, looked like a $500 POS and said they have connected those to the factory rails.

I was gonna call this guy out on BS (you wont bolt an oem tower to the rails, but you will do an aftermarket?)...I just walked out instead.

I dont think there is any extra support, although I cannot give you 100% on that. Maybe someone else knows for sure..

I have heard this rumor before too. Boats with factory tower have factory reinforcement at the tower locations. Don't know if this is 100% true, but I heard it 3 years ago when I bought my boat.

+1
    i also have heard this. you could alway reinforce it your self if you can get in there to do it.

there is a thread here or perhaps over on seadoosportboats.com about installing an aftermarket tower and the owner was pretty careful and fully documented installation of reinforcements

I read info on brp's website I'm sure it was, that there's a product recall on tower boats - not to use tower until inspected by dealer as the mounts are ripping from the boat. So guessing the supports are not good enough on some models.
    No concern for me - no tower!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by adrianlacy View Post
    I read info on brp's website I'm sure it was, that there's a product recall on tower boats - not to use tower until inspected by dealer as the mounts are ripping from the boat. So guessing the supports are not good enough on some models.
    No concern for me - no tower!
    No towers were ripping from the boats. Some of the towers were cracking at the rear mounts.

I had the tower update done to my boat. This is only my opinion, but I think the extra supports were added to increase the natural frequency of the tower in the lateral direction. I noticed that while towing the boat, around 20-30 mph that the tower would significantly vibrate laterally. It doesn't do that while in the water, just on the trailer while towing. However, I've seen many a structure fail and that movement was a concern. I don't really like the way the new supports look, but I do like that the structure overall is stiffer.

Mine is cracked on my S200. They have ordered a new tower from BRP. Been 1.5 months now....nice. Not sure if new tower is enhanced so the braces aren't required. But I to notice the lateral shake while towing and still yet alittle when manuevering the boat. Hopefully I will get a tower before the end of the season here in Montana.

Ned

Thread Information