Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    morg15t's girl

Hot pink domestic

So here it is...Paul wouldn"t let me paint his new project pink. Paul and I were arguing about painting his new project pink, and no sh*t there RedlineR6 is in between the two of us and said..."hey you have the old SL HULL out by the barn, why don't you (meaning Paul) let Heather build her own ski with that hull and paint it pink"....

Paul and Jeff go out back and drag out the pre-retired SL HULL....

Now I have my game face on ...UNTIL....RedlineR6 says "if you (meaning me) plan on putting any money into it, the old SL HULL in question wasn't worth it". So, he suggests using Paul"s '97 1050 Hull that wouldn't work for his new project.....

So here they are, we've drug them out and here is the his and her ski's....and it all begins now........

this is Paul's that he is doing, and the one that I have been given to work with

"hi everybody"

Paul said "he owes everyone" I told him I would only be just slightly naughty

with great amounts of help and any luck, mine will also be done for the Midwest gathering

I'm VERY new to watercraft, and am relying on a ton of help from Morg15t and RedlineR6, as well as, anyone else who is willing to do so....feel free to contact me, morg15t, or RedlineR6, if anybody has any ideas, or would be willing to help.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by PINKPOM View Post
    "hi everybody"

I would only be just slightly naughty

I agree,your hull looks alot,alot,alot better than Paul's.
    Keep up the Great work!

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Welcome to the Hulk

That is quite the project you are undertaking

So, um, where are all the parts for it?

That hull looks like it has been striped bare...

Or is that in preparation for the 'pinking'?

BTW, Polaris did have a pinkish color scheme on some older models. You might be able to use some of those pieces

If you really want to get these guys talking, paint the jet pump too

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    Welcome to the Hulk

That is quite the project you are undertaking

So, um, where are all the parts for it?

That hull looks like it has been striped bare...

Or is that in preparation for the 'pinking'?

BTW, Polaris did have a pinkish color scheme on some older models. You might be able to use some of those pieces

If you really want to get these guys talking, paint the jet pump too

Going to be quite the "quick throw together" project, and hopefully we can pull it off before the gathering!

The hull I first mentioned to her and Paul was a '93, it's in decent shape, but I got to thinking...........Doesn't the '93 hull house the smaller, first production pump?? If so, it's not worth wasteing any of our time on it, unless we could easily mount the newer pump. If that is possible, that expands our options and may make some things easier..Especially with engine options.

She is NO DOUBT going to have her hands full and positively dirty (for the first time) But it should be a great experience for her and give a taste of developing the shop habbits that Paul and I (and other Hulkers alike) have developed.

Paul is either going to kill me for helping getting this started, or just plain kill me. But I know once it's done, it will have been alot of fun.

So far, we have either the '93 hull (which does have a pink hood/steering pod) and the '97. The '97 is the hull that we questioned putting the effort and $ into for Pauls current project. Paul picked one up from Casey that is being used for it.

So she can go with a '93 (if the newer pump can be installed) and go with a 750/780 set-up, or go with the '97 and a 1050. Maybe the hull's will work either way, I'm not overly educated on pre '97.

This is going to have to be completly thrown together out of the blue basically, and she/we will have to locate alot of parts. Unfortunately, we will be trying to piece something together basically at a bare minimum $.

I hope she can pull it off, and I know all three of us tonight were very excited! She couldn't wait to get inside to join up on the forum and start posting pictures etc...

I guess we will start by taking everyones opinions on what we should do, so PLEASE, offer any ideas/advice, or opinions!

Paul and I will go through all of our parts we have around to see what can be used, and then helping her make a list of what she will need to locate.

This is going to be INTERESTING!

Edit: Paul was losing ground and I had to jump in............I think I did it for all of us, had to figure something out before he painted his soon to be Watcon powered ground-up resto project pink

+1
    I vote for the '97...it will be a better handling and funner ski...especially with a 1050 vs. 780 and it would probably be easier to get parts for it.

Rasta Mon Condoms We Be Jammin!!!!! TxVirageTx's Avatar
    +1

parts

i've got 40mm carbs,intake manifold,air breather,red pipe,manifold,1200 domes,new head covers,waterbar,lots of bolts,might sell all or some

+1
    I'd also run with the 1050 hull if you're going the Domestic engine route as the 750 hull will require a lot of electrical work for the Domestic engine fitment. The 93 also lacks the MFD, which I think is really nice to have anyway.
    The newer style pump WILL fit the 93 hull with no issues but limits you to the Fuji line of motors (for simplicity that is), although if you have a PRO785 engine with pipes floating around...
    Sounds like a cool projet, you guys have all the fun.

Oh and WELCOME to the Green HUlk Forums Heather.

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    One method of getting a lot of the small parts fast, is to buy a non-running machine that is of the same type as what you are building - domestic engine or Fuji engine.

It can be a lot of trouble chasing down all the little stuff - bolts, fittings, seals, electrical parts, etc.

A complete but non-running ski brings all of this in one 'package'. If you are lucky, the hull might also be good enough to use, just need painting to your tastes.

SPEED KILLS, BUT YOU GET THERE QUICKER Keddano's Avatar
    +1
    Pinky, I sent you and Redline a PM with a engine Package for you. I think it might just be the ticket.
    Welcome to the HUlk.

100 MILES OF HEAVEN AND I AM SMACK IN THE MIDDLE KEYZBUM's Avatar
    +1
    Welcome aboard Heather
    pssst hey morg how bout some ski pics cause i didnt see any ski's in those pics
    props to both of you - makes me think there is hope out there (hot/cool chicks that dont look at jetskis like kids video game)
    good luck with the build
    mattman

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information