Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

250-260 ultra.spider cracks etc???

never owned an ultra so am intrested in the new ultra 260 or a good modded 250.
    had various skis and got a p-x at the moment.
    after sumthing that can hold its own on camer days but can also take a thrashing in the heavy chop.

any of yous had any hull problems etc in the rough?

i to am considdering a ultra 260. i have a 08 rxt-x at the momment and mainly considdering a ultra for that very reason (my tx is cracking up)

i would also like to hear what ppl have to say in here

+1
    where is it cracking?what type of conditions do you ride in?

the ultra or even t-x would have been better for the riding i do but wanted the p-x as i always prefered the rxp over other skis and so far no ultra has been able to pass me.but i know in the chop if i was on an ultra id be faster and more comfortable.
    but

+1
    where is it cracking?what type of conditions do you ride in?

the ultra or even t-x would have been better for the riding i do but wanted the p-x as i always prefered the rxp over other skis and so far no ultra has been able to pass me.but i know in the chop if i was on an ultra id be faster and more comfortable.
    but the cracking has pissed me off
    never been beached/hit anything and its only one side of the hull.

I own a ultra and I have never had a problem whit the hull and never eard anithyng about that problem in the hull. But I have a friend that had cracked the top deck but that guy can be considered a animal

i ride in lake ontario (always bad chop and goes up to 5 foot waves...but i'm not a jumper its just hard on the ski.
    i wouldnt dare buy another seadoo at this point untill the problem is fixed,
    the T-xs are cracking just as bad as the P-xs not only spidercracks in the hull but big spidercracks in the pump tunnel, in meny cases the fiberglass it self splits and in a few cases frackturs and could very easaly sink the ski. now i'm not saying this is set in stone and will happen to every single X ski however it is happening to me and meny others! even guys that ride on calm water are getting cracks in the tunnel its as if the tunnel can not even withstand its own pressure. im planning to go with the ultra as i have never heard of major hull problems like this (yes its a little slower out of the hole and not as nimble but its dead sexy lol has MAJOR storage space asjustable handle bars and is a very well made ski. toss a riva ride plate on it and im told you will get 70 mph out of it on the flat

Take the time to smile sirbreaksalot's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Pooper_Scooper View Post
    i ride in lake ontario (always bad chop and goes up to 5 foot waves...but i'm not a jumper its just hard on the ski.
    i wouldnt dare buy another seadoo at this point untill the problem is fixed,
    the T-xs are cracking just as bad as the P-xs not only spidercracks in the hull but big spidercracks in the pump tunnel, in meny cases the fiberglass it self splits and in a few cases frackturs and could very easaly sink the ski. now i'm not saying this is set in stone and will happen to every single X ski however it is happening to me and meny others! even guys that ride on calm water are getting cracks in the tunnel its as if the tunnel can not even withstand its own pressure. im planning to go with the ultra as i have never heard of major hull problems like this (yes its a little slower out of the hole and not as nimble but its dead sexy lol has MAJOR storage space asjustable handle bars and is a very well made ski. toss a riva ride plate on it and im told you will get 70 mph out of it on the flat
    My 250 has some cracks in the gelcoat inline with the fuel tank,
    I believe this is where they have now reinforced the 260 hull,
    I ride 99% time open water , with waves up to 4m, So my ski has had a real hard time as I ALWAYS jump it, and from time to time I will flat land it,
    And those who jump big 3 seaters know that sound when you think you have split your hull,

So yes they can and do get some spider crack, I know of at least 2 other ultras that have the exact same cracks as mine,Jet250's is one.
    But we do ride the same conditions,

I have not seen any cracks on ultras that has been riden normal in lakes and general rough water,

Waz

ps they have been there for 12 months now, and havent gotten any bigger
    its just a flexing point in the hull,I also have a cracked intercooler support from the rough conditions.

Waz...Where is your cracks at? (dont be a smart ass!)....
    I've got some that are right under the glove box, when the seat is removed.
    I do have 1 crack though, its in the middle of wher the bucket sits. Looks like too much crap was in the bucket, and it cracked. ITs about an inch long now. It's grown a little. I'll post pics, and ask for tips on fixing, or preventing additional crackage!

Take the time to smile sirbreaksalot's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Dubz1 View Post
    I do have 1 crack though, its in the middle of wher the bucket sits. Looks like too much crap was in the bucket, and it cracked. ITs about an inch long now. It's grown a little. I'll post pics, and ask for tips on fixing, or preventing additional crackage!
    when the ski is on the trailer, stand of to the side and look on the vertical side of the hull inline with the fuel tank area, just above where the hull goes from the Vee section to straight up side section, ( flat side below rub rail)

they aren't crack's Just gelcoat cracks/flexing area from the pounding the ski can endure

Waz
    will get some pic's of my crack just 4 you Rob

Banned User
    cracks are normal

http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=68276

Quote Originally Posted by Dubz1 View Post

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information