Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: DRS Matrix's

Rasta Mon Condoms We Be Jammin!!!!! TxVirageTx's Avatar
    +1

DRS Matrix's

now that 2 more have showed,rl's and bones it got me wondering,bones is talking about setting his up with an mfd which poses this question..what fuel pickup to run 44's on,get dual feeds,and a sender??

+1
    Why not just run the Matrix pick up and sender assembly Baxter installs?

Rasta Mon Condoms We Be Jammin!!!!! TxVirageTx's Avatar
    +1

pickup

not a dual feed is it???

Just another day trying to break all the rules! drbones's Avatar
    Hey Doug!

Your problem if you change to MSX fuel pickup. Will have to change tank out for DFI version. Which is same for Virage TXi, Genesis DI or MSX.

The tank is exactly same as yours; but has larger fuel pickup opening!
    Then just order randys MSX fuel pickup which has dual fuel senders and return. Just does not have fuel level sender!

I am going to modify Jamies Matrix pickup which is same as randys. I'm going to take the unit that failed in my MSX and gut it saving fuel level sender and mate Jamies custom pickup to it!

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Is it possible to use an actual Ficht fuel pump and tank, but modify the fuel pump by removing the internal fuel pressure regulator?

The Ficht electric fuel pump has a fuel pressure regulator inside the return fitting in the pump, but it sometimes falls off . The internal regulator can easily be removed, and an external restrictor put into the fuel return line (ala Beerdarts Mikuni jets in a hose barb).

That would give you plenty of fuel delivery flow, an electric fuel pump (power it from the Orange wire, or use a relay from the Orange wire). You should get consistent and settable fuel pressure that does not depend on engine RPM or crank case compression.

The Ficht fuel level sender is the same 33-240 ohms as the carb'ed senders.

BTW, the later year MSX and Virage fuel injected tanks held 67 liters, a bit larger than the 64 liter tanks from earlier FFI years.

The Ficht fuel pump also has an integral water separator inside the tank (simpler plumbing).

The pump body also has an internal chamber design that maintains fuel flow without fuel aeration when the tank level gets low and the hull is bouncing on the water. It uses the return flow to keep the internal pump body section 'full', even when the overall level in the tank is quite low.

Photos of the fuel pump and regulator can be found here;
    How to repair a Ficht fuel injection fuel pump - pressure regulator has fallen inside

Sorry guys having mental lapse with your question Doug! Didn't read your thread right. I was jumping btw patients and reading 2 PM's and your thread! Thought you where talking about adding MSX fuel setup on your boat!

I have 2 carver fuel senders from my collection of parts. 1 from my MSX with missing regulator and 1 that came out of 02 TXi which has only 20 psi max fuel pressure. I ordered brand new unit for my MSX. So I was going to take Jamies sender which has 3 fuel pickups and retro-fit to one of these.

My other option is to swap out tank and use my 00 Virage TX tank and modify sender to dual pickup!

Al does Baxter have any of the Matrix senders left?

+1
    Mine has triple pickup tubes, and triple fuel pumps.

+1
    If you search Matrix fuel pump I'm sure you'll find the part number I listed. If I'm not mistaken I gave the number to Randy and he may have one in stock.

Quote Originally Posted by rlharrison60 View Post
    Mine has triple pickup tubes, and triple fuel pumps.
    Hi Bob.....I believe jamie made yours too?
    Do the pickups have individual filters coming off each pickup that lay on bottom of tank? Jamie made his this way. You would only know by taking apart to find out!

My interest in matrix model is to find out whether they left carter fuel pump in or is it removed?

Does it have triple pickups mated to filter?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by drbones View Post
    Hi Bob.....I believe jamie made yours too?
    Do the pickups have individual filters coming off each pickup that lay on bottom of tank? Jamie made his this way. You would only know by taking apart to find out!

My interest in matrix model is to find out whether they left carter fuel pump in or is it removed?

Does it have triple pickups mated to filter?
    The fiters are on the outside of the tank installed inline on the rubber fuel lines. Looks like they fabricated a round flat plate of metal for the top of the tank and ran three pickup tubes thru it,that run to the bottom of the tank. Also has three other short tubes in it for return and to breathe.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information