waveraider electrical help

hi everyone, i am new here and look forward to learning a few things. i am having a little problem with my waveraider 1100. i put a new correct size battery on it 2 weeks ago and cranked it to make sure it was go to go. it was good and spun over quickly. last weekend got ready to go to the lake and something told me to check it again before i headed out. well i did and nothing, not even a click or sound the battery was completely dead. so i went anyway and road the other ski and then pulled the battery from it and started the raider right up and rode for about 30-40 min. and then it shut off and once again battery was completly drained. would not even buzz or click the starter. i am guessing there is a drain somewhere that is pulling it down faster than the ski can charge it. any help or thoughts on this would be very appreciated.

+1
    Nothing should stay hot... Sounds like your stator is toast...and needs to be checked. You can also pull the fuse up front by untwisting the cap and see what happens then. Is your starter relay sticking? I would test out your stator.

M

thanks mpeavler for the help, i think maybe i could be looking in the wrong place because today when i hit the start button it would turn over sometimes and not other times. before when it did nothing i assumed the battery was dead but now it looks like that may not be the case. i will try to look at the start button and see if there is a bad contact somewhere along the line.

+1
    Try this.....raise the hood and jump the brown/red wires and see if it turns over.

ok i unhooked the weatherpack connecter where it comes down through the steering conduit tube and jumped the 2 wires you stated and it turned the motor over instantly. so are you thinking i have a bad start button?

+1
    Yup....very common. Send it to John as Jet ski soultions and have him rebuild it for you. He does AWESOME work...and is one of the best out there.

M

will do, thanks for the help.

+1
    NP....glad to help ya out!

+1
    welcome to the forum. Also feel free to download a service manual for your Raider below in my signature

thanks rx951, i will do that.

Thread Information