Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Cheapest/Easiest way to increase speed on 1300??

Hi guys im new here from South florida, i have an 07 GP 1300r, i will try and put some pics up tonight..however i am wondering what the cheapest,easiest and quickest way to gain a couple mph is, currently the only mod on the ski is exhaust, with me (205lbs) and my gf (125lbs) both on it we hit 68.9, is that average or what do these things normally do stock?? on pretty rough water with trim in neutral position...i am new to the whole jetski scene trying to learn and get a little more speed too!!

All input is greatly apreciated!!!

Quote Originally Posted by GMNTMRE View Post
    Hi guys im new here from South florida, i have an 07 GP 1300r, i will try and put some pics up tonight..however i am wondering what the cheapest,easiest and quickest way to gain a couple mph is, currently the only mod on the ski is exhaust, with me (205lbs) and my gf (125lbs) both on it we hit 68.9, is that average or what do these things normally do stock?? on pretty rough water with trim in neutral position...i am new to the whole jetski scene trying to learn and get a little more speed too!!

All input is greatly apreciated!!!

Is that with a gps that speed ?

I'm sure a lot of these guys will tell you what to do and what it costs.. But as someone who has taken it dollar for dollar i'll tell you IMO obviously what i liked the best for the $..

PPK( pump seal kit, pump plug kit) Was a terrific gain in chop and riding bonus!!

A Intake grate (you can research is almost a 100% MUST GET) check out the online store here!

D-Plate will def be another starting point (use the search button)

Ride Plate(200-400) $ depending on how crazy you wanna get...

Right there you at like 800$ ish with labor and parts probably.. One thing people will tell you is that it gets addicting for more speed at 1 mph at a time haha When you get much crazier in the head about it, then grab a Tachometer (200-250$ )

hope this basic ideas help?

Quote Originally Posted by zpeters View Post
    Is that with a gps that speed ?

I'm sure a lot of these guys will tell you what to do and what it costs.. But as someone who has taken it dollar for dollar i'll tell you IMO obviously what i liked the best for the $..

PPK( pump seal kit, pump plug kit) Was a terrific gain in chop and riding bonus!!

A Intake grate (you can research is almost a 100% MUST GET) check out the online store here!

D-Plate will def be another starting point (use the search button)

Ride Plate(200-400) $ depending on how crazy you wanna get...

Right there you at like 800$ ish with labor and parts probably.. One thing people will tell you is that it gets addicting for more speed at 1 mph at a time haha When you get much crazier in the head about it, then grab a Tachometer (200-250$ )

hope this basic ideas help?

hey man thanks for the quick response, yes that was GPS with a garmin GPS, is that right or no??

Also im really not worried about the ride quality and stuff like that, just addicted to speed , i heard that the intake grate should be #1 and you would see a noticable difference, is that true?

Quote Originally Posted by GMNTMRE View Post
    hey man thanks for the quick response, yes that was GPS with a garmin GPS, is that right or no??

Also im really not worried about the ride quality and stuff like that, just addicted to speed , i heard that the intake grate should be #1 and you would see a noticable difference, is that true?
    between the pump seal and the intake i loved the difference.. my ski isnt tuned right . but if your really running that high on a stock gpr your doing alright!! haha

IMO don't buy anything new, i found deals on almost every part i own.. Granted there are some things you have to buy... Wait till you spend 3k $ to get only 7 mph more haha

+1
    68.9 gps is really good for a stock ski. you should check out the "post one speed trick" thread, some of those mods cost next to nothing to do. but i started off with the intake grate being my first mod as well.

+1
    Welcome to GH! And GH is the answer to your question. GH provides the cheapest instructions, experience, and parts you will find. (Try Jerrys store on this site for parts. Great shipment, customer service, etc)

And there is no way you hit 68.9mph on GPS with a stock ski, with you and your girlfriend on it, in pretty rough water. Dreamometer speeds I believe. Thats just not happening. Probably closer to 60-63 mph depending on a lot of variences. Just my .02.

Now if your looking for a little wake me up on your ski. You could seal that pump shoe, and get a ride plate. And by then you will be hooked and spending lots of time, energy, and $$$ trying to get every last mph out of your ski.

Good luck!!!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by zpeters View Post

IMO don't buy anything new, i found deals on almost every part i own.. Granted there are some things you have to buy... Wait till you spend 3k $ to get only 7 mph more haha
    +1 Aint that the truth!!!

Being a relative newbee myself, I must chime-in and say/agree that the intake grate and d-plate are the best bang for the buck on your 07 1300r. I felt the difference right away with bottom-end/mid-range power and hook-up on my 06!! The folks here are very knowledgable and gratious... . (As a measuring guide, just with those two mods, got a little closer to my stxr down low. Of course stock, there are few 'stock boats' that can beat an stxr out the hole...but the hull design of the GP is awesome!!! Rides like a dirtbike.... )

Jimbob

Greenhulk Grasshopah (DRC) HallPass's Avatar
    +1
    once you guys have done the grate and plug..

You NEED to do the Pump tunnel reinforcement,

then you can jump onto things like a

R&D modded rideplate by Jim who's here on the forum under the name:

Jim's Performance

these are by far the best bang for the buck part OUT THERE!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike's GPR View Post
    +1 Aint that the truth!!!

And +1 to the idea that it really was only going 62 mph.. I'd be shocked if the ski went over 65mph stock haha. IMO obviously... But listen hey we're all here for the same reason.. Now get your wallet out and start reading.. KNOWLEDGE is power here at GH!! i'm just happy i got too know some cool ass people through the time here"Inkaddict, GPRjersey, Leo, Jim, etc..."

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information