Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

New R&D Pro 2 Closed Course Intake Grates

They finally came out, and they look pretty impressive, I just got my first shipment of about 8 of them in. The tracks (the parts that hold the scoop) are definately deeper, and the scoop is slightly larger. They're the same price as the Speed Grate they were already selling for the X models.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	R&D Pro2 Grate1.JPG 
Views:	504 
Size:	139.0 KB 
ID:	134892   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	R&D Pro2 Grate2.JPG 
Views:	504 
Size:	83.1 KB 
ID:	134893   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	R&D Pro2 Grate3.JPG 
Views:	497 
Size:	63.0 KB 
ID:	134894   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	R&D Pro2 Grate4.JPG 
Views:	499 
Size:	71.3 KB 
ID:	134895  

The first pic shows the difference in the scoop itself, and also the ramp at the back of the grate.

The 2nd pic shows the hieght of the new R&D Pro2 Closed Course Grate

The 3rd pic shows the height of the old R&D Speed Grate

The 4th pic shows the difference in height at the actual mounting point where you can see the new R&D Pro2 CC Grate hangs lower in the water.

This grate is not a speed grate like the old one that gained 3+mph. But this grate should give the ultimate in choppy water hook up when compared to the stock, Riva, Worx, or the older R&D grates. If you do offshore racing or any racing where other rider's white water is slowing you down, this grate should shine!!!

- Armin

+1
    the major diff is the bigger opening between the back ramp and the scoop, this will make the ski holeshot better but slow it down on top speed. I hope that CC grate doesnt cause a problem when decellerating at high speed, R&D makes the best grate for the X no doubt but I broke the speed grate in half yesterday while testing. This new grate looks like it lets more water in and thats what is causing my problem.

Still a great grate!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by JD 1 View Post
    the major diff is the bigger opening between the back ramp and the scoop, this will make the ski holeshot better but slow it down on top speed. I hope that CC grate doesnt cause a problem when decellerating at high speed, R&D makes the best grate for the X no doubt but I broke the speed grate in half yesterday while testing. This new grate looks like it lets more water in and thats what is causing my problem.

Still a great grate!
    I have to disagree on the T-X. The worx grate is much better then the R and D speed grate. I found the R and D to cause Cavitation and the R and D was not any faster on top end then the Riva or worx, but those were just my findings.

This R and D CC grate looks to hang down similar to the worx just looking at the pics.
    Will be interesting how it compares to the worx.

Quote Originally Posted by JD 1 View Post

Still a great grate!
    We've had great luck with the grates from R&D thusfar with no problems....as a matter of fact the one grate we had an issue with was 1 Worx X grate that was crooked when mounted....it was really weird and they warrantied it. But I know R&D does great research & development before they put their products out.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by novaprop67 View Post
    We've had great luck with the grates from R&D thusfar with no problems....as a matter of fact the one grate we had an issue with was 1 Worx X grate that was crooked when mounted....it was really weird and they warrantied it. But I know R&D does great research & development before they put their products out.
    +1

Has anyone had this new R&D Grate out on the water yet?

Results?

Quote Originally Posted by T5Racing View Post
    Has anyone had this new R&D Grate out on the water yet?

Results?
    I just shipped one out to one of our racers to see how it works for him. We should get result back from him soon.

+1
    Just when I was set to get the WORX RXT-X grate for my RXT (I have the X pumpshoe setup) other grate has to come out. Always something new.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information