Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: You guys rock

Thumbs up You guys rock

Hey all,
    I've been lurkin for awhile just reading all the info while looking for my first ski. I finally registered (here) and have decided on an FZS thanks to all the awesome posts here and wanted to thank all of ya. Hey I even know what prices to look for. Great source of info. Oh, and before anyone says it about too powerful of a first ski, I've ridden a lot of friends skis and also have major exp going fast on the water (and dirt for that matter, seriously fast actually but thats another story heh) so know when to respect the machine etc....
    Still a lot to learn, as always but I have a decent start. Anyhoo, don't see anyone just plain sayin thanks much so there ya go.

+1
    Welcome to the Hulk.

Moderated
    welcome to the board

Nothin' runs like a Deere IowanGPR's Avatar
    welcome!!!

now open your wallet.

+1
    Welcome to the place you have needed to be for a while! Plenty of great people to help you out! Don't forget to get on the sight a few times a day! Lee

+1
    welcome to the forum

+1
    Welcome to GH.

+1
    Welcome to the forum.

Since you're not new to speed. but, are new to fast watercraft i have a few tips for you relating to the FZS.These are the same tips i give people that take a ride on mine.

If you squeeze the throttle, make sure your other hand is on the handlebars as well(It will leave you behind) These supercharged 4-strokes are power on demand. There is no progression through the power band. It's pretty much Zero to oh Sh*T!

This ski digs in and grabs on turns, it doesn't slide like the gpr's. So if attempting to do a 30mph into a 180 spin out. be ready for a quick stop.The force is going to want to throw you off the side and your natural reaction is to try to hold on with other leg against seat. You'll feel like the wishbone at thanksgiving dinner.DON'T LET OFF THE GAS UNTIL YOU'RE 90* INTO THE TURN, IF AT ALL.

For some reason, these skis don't turn very well off throttle and at idle speed.Could be the ski length or big ass sponsons. If you're in a congested area and just trolling around with other skis in a small group at idle. You'll have to give a little gas to steer away from them or get fast with the reverse lever.

I'm coming off 5 years of riding gpr's which are 2 ft shorter. They turn very well at idle speed. So this is a little bit of a learning as i go experience for me too.

For me, Reverse is the biggest challenge. When i didn't have it, I wanted it. Now that i do, it scares me and will probably get me in trouble.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by KamikazeGPR View Post
    Welcome to the forum.

Since you're not new to speed. but, are new to fast watercraft i have a few tips for you relating to the FZS.These are the same tips i give people that take a ride on mine.

If you squeeze the throttle, make sure your other hand is on the handlebars as well(It will leave you behind) These supercharged 4-strokes are power on demand. There is no progression through the power band. It's pretty much Zero to oh Sh*T!

This ski digs in and grabs on turns, it doesn't slide like the gpr's. So if attempting to do a 30mph into a 180 spin out. be ready for a quick stop.The force is going to want to throw you off the side and your natural reaction is to try to hold on with other leg against seat. You'll feel like the wishbone at thanksgiving dinner.DON'T LET OFF THE GAS UNTIL YOU'RE 90* INTO THE TURN, IF AT ALL.
    that should be made into a warning sticker that replaces a factory sticker

kind of like these that i have on my grizzly
    http://www.2faroffroad.com/shop/imag...ds/y-warn2.JPG
    http://www.2faroffroad.com/shop/imag...s/ly-stick.JPG
    http://www.2faroffroad.com/shop/imag...oads/mud-o.JPG

Pricing

Do you mind sharing what pricing you have been quoted? I also am interested in picking up an FZS.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information