Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    +1

STXR DOMINATOR 3 Install & Test...

This thread will be for the install and test of the dominator 3 pipe done by my self...Jonny5

If anyone else had any tricks of usefull info then please dont hesitat to add it. I figured this would be good for those that are looking to find some of the left over used pipes out there or if it interests them they could get a pipe very simular from Steve @ Skiworx.

I dont have the pipe yet but should be here friday. I already figured out how to install it with out drilling any holes in the pump or in the ski for the water diverters. But im not sure if this install will work the exact same way for the ultra as I dont know the water routing.

This pipe will be installed on my ski which contains...

46mm buckshots w/reed stuffers
    shaved heads= skiworx these just added
    modified rear exhaust
    worx grate stock plate.
    stinger mod from skiworx which will be replaced
    speedmagic 82mm nozzle striaght exit verses 5 degree like stock 80mm nozzle

This ski is setup for CC racing currently but I still rec ride with it as well
    It runs consistantly at 63+ mph and about 7230 rpms +/- some depending on temp and such but has ran 65+ with a differant ride plate and grate...but running 44mm carbs and differant nozzle setup.

Ok well should have some pics as long as the pipe shows up and hopefully some numbers sunday eve.

heres one...

This will also be posted in my project page which will probably have more detailed info.

+1
    Make sure you read my thread on the pipe in the How to section. It has some usefull things in it.

SXR Guru
    Got some meatballs to go with that spaghetti John, lol...Hope it works out for you!

Quote Originally Posted by jonny5 View Post
    I already figured out how to install it with out drilling any holes in the pump or in the ski for the water diverters.

This will also be posted in my project page which will probably have more detailed info.
    Just trying to help but I'm curious, how exactly are you going to run the second water line to the waterlog thru the hull without taping the pump? The reason I'm asking is I had this kit on an Ultra and tried every combo imagineable and you can't split off the main line if thats what your thinking. It will run like crap and its not enough water to cool you'll be smoking pretty quickly.

As far as your diverters, you can run them to the two water lines going out over the pump but then you can't see them come "on" and I highly recommend against that. You will want to see them spraying to know they are coming on at the correct rpm's and staying tuned.

I hope you have better luck than I did IMO its more of a mess than its worth.

pm me if you need any help or want my experience with it.

+1
    The second water line will come in by means of a 12/15F pump water strainer. They have a water out let on each side and I have already tryed this when I had it but sold it a while back with my other pump. I ordered the part and it's about $16. Then I will run it thru the out water fitting on the pipe or bidlge havent decided that but etheir will work.

Now here is the part I dont get. There is 2 water divertors for water over board from the pipe. One from the flush area and the other on the stinger bell housing. Both of these are going to piss water out anyway as they run water all the time. They run from the cylinders then the manifold to the pipe and out. The jetworks feed the stinger only. So why would I want to see constant water coming out when it's not going to be running that way. The jetworks have nothing to do with the water divertors.

Thats the part where you guys have me all baffled ethier he modified the water cooling passages and the stingers are going to blow water backward which I doubt or some of you had it wrong. Or is it just me. I mean the pic kind of shows it all. 2 jetworks that feed the stinger only. The 2 other cooling lines should be constant. Just like the stock pipe. Water always comes out like the heads after it gets running and water pressure builds and fills all the cavities.

Not unless someone else can explain the water divertors and why they would come on the same time as the jetworks ...??

I think you have it. The 2 pissers from the exhaust are going to pass water constantly. If I remember corectly the smaller mister fitting in the stinger should come on about 2900 and the larger about 4500. I didnt run mine with the dual cooling. I put in 1 T to feed the stingers and only used the stock exhast bypass. With the dual cooling it needs the second exhast pisser to get rid of the extra water.

+1
    Morris I have the directions and am going to start there just to make sure I do it at it says then possibly go from there.

I had a feeling on the pissers as there is no way for them to come on or off. Thats why there is really no sense in drilling a couple holes to see more water flow out. I can do that ater install on the trailer in the water. Then just worry about maintaining the jetworks.

I have also thought about using both the dominator and just the modified skiworx stinger section. Testing this part later.

From what I have gethered people said that they mostly gained bottom end and mid range while top was slightly better or the same and a coplue cases of worse.

Well there is alot of variables like rpm, tourque range of motor, prop being used, nozzle size and more.

Now that I have the pipe and looked it over I see where the gains have come from with the exhuast manifold being ground out along with the head pipe and the stinger section being cut down. Now the second water injection and well both are actually supposed to help make the stinger section smaller in diameter to mimic the longer stock stinger to help replace topend. Well if I use the exhaust manifold and the head pipe for the bottom end and just use the skiwork section to use it for the long stinger section well maybe I can get a differant result. Maybe it will prove to be a good combo or maybe not.

But the power is coming from the cut stinger and grinding not the water really that is reall just trying to recover the top end from the cut stinger.

Although the pipe being dry helps as well.

Remember Im racing again so If I gain even more bottom and mid and top end stays te same or really close I will probably use it as long as it proves to be worth the gain.

Morris water on @ 2900/2950 bottom and 4500/5000

I didnt get my pump strainer from the shop and wont be here till monday which really bits because with the race next weekend I may not install it till after that weekend.

Depends on how impatient I get and how appealing that drill bit looks.

Jonny, I had to think about it a second, its been a while since I ran this kit but your correct your supposed to always see water from the 2 pissers so I apologize for the confusion but you'll have to tune the jetworks with them running overboard so you can see them coming on them connect them. As far as my experience since the rear water line that connects to a pisser is always flowing water I just connected mine to one of the drain lines so it dumped just above my pump so I didn't see it. As far as the head pipe water line that flows I ran mine forward just above the front head pissers and what I found out was that particular line for me dumped ALOT of water and with it dumping water mine never ran correctly so I had to plug that line back up for mine to run correctly and I don't know why but with that plugged up and everything else correct I had nice gains on low end and midrange but about a 2mph loss on topend. Throttle response was great and it really was a very quick ski but IMO wasn't worth the money. I never could get over 65.8 on GPS and when I took it off the ski bone stock ran 67.9 on GPS but wasn't nearly as quick so I really don't know why I could never get top speed out of mine but it did gain alot out of the hole but that was it. I tried every combo imagineable also and my setup with the kit was an ADA head with 42cc domes, metal gaskets on intake side removed and replaced with paper for more airflow, main jet 175's, Prok f/a's and thats about all I can think of on the motor.

If you pull the hose off the large fitting in the stinger you should see a restrictor jet. You may be able to play with how much water that puts in on top. You could try it with your setup now by just putting a T in your existing stinger supply to feed the 2 jetworks in that stinger. Then just put your existing flush fitting in to do away with the second water dump. I have heard several people say they thought that setup had too much water. Im going to have to do some expierimenting when I go back to a single pipe since im running dual cooling for the tripples. I may even try using 2 dumps like your pipe is set up to bring the water pressure down. Im watching you project to give me ideas for later.

I got a solas 17/21 to try out this weekend and a fresh rebuilt pump with a stock prop cut and bent for the caughmans. I wasnt sure what dave bent the prop I had in there to but it was marked 17/20 and I was turnning it at 7950+ last season. Im hopping to find that 77-78mph I have been looking for with a monster holeshot.

+1
    Hey No worries thats why I was asking and questioning the info I had. Just wanted to make sure that I was on the right track. I assume your ski was a Ultra 150 ...67.9 !! Good numbers for stock. There are a few ultras that run up there with hardly anything done.

Anyway I hope to get some positive results and if not I will at least try to use some of the pipe. I almost thought tha I might and peice it together. I have taked to some other people over the past year and they said even a modified exhaust manifold makes a differance. But there has been conflict there. Since I have 2 complete set ups I can mix and match both as much as I want.

It's all about testing and since no one has done this figured well what the hey. The more I look at the pipe the more Ideas I have been getting. I already took off all the water line and am cleaning things up. I will be getting some new line soon as the other stuff was getting old and figured what the hey. Anyway I will have some pics up soon but still debating on what to do. Manifold only or whole pipe first. Do it now or after the race...??

Will see..

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information