Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

X charger upgrade & S3 verses X charger

I didn't want to hijack Speed freak's thread , what injectors come stock on the X boats ? I assume (which is always dangerous ) that you cant use the X boat ECM on an older (say 05 GTX LTD ) boat because they are not compatible ? is it possible to re-flash / remap a ECU to match the X boat ECU's fuel curve ? is the X charger harder on clutches than the S3 because it is moving a larger volume and has a higher / heavier rotating mass ? someone had talked about using 2 regulators to avoid fuel in the oil when running a RRFPR , can I get a little more info on that set up and the pros and cons ?
    How much of a real world difference is there between the S3 and the X charger performance wise , in other words is there enough performance difference to justify higher maintenance on the X charger ?
    My goal is to get a little more power and speed while maintaining reliability , I ride in rough water 99% of the time , yes I want to have my cake and eat it too . I know this is a lot of questions but rather than reinvent the wheel I figured I would just ask the wheel makers so I can make the right choices the first time .
    Thanks for you input .

Gotta love this sport! 05Limited's Avatar
    +1
    Hi wolfe, hope things are going well.

In our past conversations I think you expressed a desire to go a bit faster but still maintain reliability and sensibility... that's a good thing if you want to ride any time, every time.

Yes, the X charger will out perform the S-3 (and can be upgraded), but at a price. You'll need a RRFPR and the ability/capability/desire to maintain the X for peak performance... not so much with the S-3.

I have both (actually, two of both), and for all-out, everyday riding, with little stress or regard to where my throttle lever sits... I'll take the S-3.

I just wish it didn't flutter so much at 5000 rpm.

BTW... is that damaged sponson on the right or left... I may have found you a replacement.

You're homeward bound, my friend,

Jeff

05Limited,

If you want to sell one of your s3's in the future, let me know. Or if you just want to sell the front housing and impeller that works too. I am very interested.

wolfe,

Take a look at this thread:

http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=94986

A lot of guys riding in rough water are using the s3 over the X-charger because the s3 is easier on the metal washers. Also take a look at at this post:

http://greenhulk.net/forums/showpost...5&postcount=12

That should help answer some questions.

05 Limited I picked a set up for a good price but thanks for thinking of me , I will be back in the states on leave in July , it will be good to be back on American soil
    Keithkman I had read those and that is what got me to thinking maybe the X wasn't the best way to go , I have done some searching but its very difficult from here because it can take 5 to 10 min for every page to load .
    Thanks guys

Banned User
    Only complaint I ever had with my S3 is when I rode in rough water, the SC would have more touch downs than emmit smith.. Something I wasn't happy about!!

Quote Originally Posted by Alex13 View Post
    Only complaint I ever had with my S3 is when I rode in rough water, the SC would have more touch downs than emmit smith.. Something I wasn't happy about!!
    I've heard that touchdowns are a common problem with all the big SC's due to the tight tolerances. Maybe you don't hear about as many with the Rudes, etc. because most of those guys are smooth water top speed guys?

by touchdowns do you mean the wheel hitting the housing ?

Quote Originally Posted by wolfe View Post
    by touchdowns do you mean the wheel hitting the housing ?
    Yep. Blades touchdown on the front housing. You will see some fine metal dust on the SC outlet, in you SC to IC pipe (if you have an external IC).

Banned User
    Quote Originally Posted by RXP-REX View Post
    I've heard that touchdowns are a common problem with all the big SC's due to the tight tolerances. Maybe you don't hear about as many with the Rudes, etc. because most of those guys are smooth water top speed guys?

My 1Rude and/or my ET68-140, PBJ's 1Rude and/or 2Rude never had any evidence of a touchdown.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex13 View Post
    My 1Rude and/or my ET68-140, PBJ's 1Rude and/or 2Rude never had any evidence of a touchdown.
    Alright, good deal. I just remember Jerry mention awhile ago that it was a common issue and nothing to be too concerned with.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information