Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Look who's been lurking on GH

copied from R&D's site:
    The R&D SHO Performer Engine Kit was specifically developed to produce low end horsepower and increase top speed performance while maintaining 100% reliability using 91 octane pump gas and the stock ECU and fuel system. This kit delivers power and speed you are looking for, without difficult and expensive aftermarket ECU and valve train up-grades. The results are impressive, the increased boost pressure added by the popular R&D C1-11 Monster Compressor Wheel delivers improved acceleration and top speed performance. Top speeds of 72-73mph are posted in testimonials from members on the Green Hulk forum that are using the C1-11. The Power Plenum Air filter ensures that a massive amount of unrestricted filtered air is delivered to the C1-11 Compressor Wheel. The R&D Power Core intake sleeve and Intercooler CFM Kit will allow the increased air flow and boost into the intake system with less restriction. The R&D Intercooler Cooling Kit adds cooling capability through more water flow to the OEM intercooler. Decreasing intake air temperature improves horsepower. The R&D 13/23 Pro Pitch prop is specifically designed to deliver maximum hook up while keeping increased RPM’s at safe and reliable levels.

I like the insinuation that you can pop in a C1 wheel and bam! You're going 72-73MPH.

Just want to ride.
    +1

Kit - not Wheel

Dude,

Read the whole paragraph. Use the kit, then get the testimonial speed....

Not just the wheel. Didn't you get close to that when you had one? Just curious - I don't have that part, so I can't speak to the truth in advertising......

Quote Originally Posted by washingtonrider View Post
    Dude,

Read the whole paragraph. Use the kit, then get the testimonial speed....

Not just the wheel. Didn't you get close to that when you had one? Just curious - I don't have that part, so I can't speak to the truth in advertising......
    I did read the whole paragraph!!!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by SHOBiz View Post
    I like the insinuation that you can pop in a C1 wheel and bam! You're going 72-73MPH.
    I didn't get that impression at all. Hell I'm close to that with the STOCK wheel and rideplate.

+1
    I did notice the kit doesn't include the powershot & ride plate...they're listed as optional parts. I don't think anyone will see 72-73 on the stock plate with boost limited to 7psi. So with only an additional $700 in parts they're speed claim is correct, unless using one of Jim's plates, then it can be achieved without the powershot & only another $515. Oh yeah, adding angle to the plate might make it overstuff without a aftermarket grate, back to $700.

+1
    There are people out there running machined stock ride plates that are supposed to work better than any aftermarket plate out yet.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by hitman View Post
    There are people out there running machined stock ride plates that are supposed to work better than any aftermarket plate out yet.
    They give you more speed but ruin the awesome handling of the stock FZR. In which case you might as well stick with the GPR.

Greenhulk Grasshopah (DRC) HallPass's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by mjh3ides View Post
    copied from R&D's site:
    I think it's cool that big companies come on here and checkout the site get the opinions from all of us..

maybe if we all post about how we want a custom GH discount from each of these companies.. we can get a bill passed, and they will let us

Quote Originally Posted by HallPass View Post
    I think it's cool that big companies come on here and checkout the site get the opinions from all of us..

maybe if we all post about how we want a custom GH discount from each of these companies.. we can get a bill passed, and they will let us
    Nothing ventured, nothing gained right

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information