Thread: Only In America
07-11-2006, 07:40 AM #1
Only In America
1. Only in America......can a pizza get to your house faster than an ambulance.
2. Only in America......are there handicap parking places in front of a skating rink.
3. Only in America......do drugstores make the sick walk all the way to the back of the store to get their prescriptions while healthy people can buy cigarettes at the front.
4. Only in America......do people order double cheese burgers, large fries, and a diet coke.
5. Only in America......do banks leave both doors open and then chain the pens to the counters.
6. Only in America......do we leave cars worth thousands of dollars in the driveway and put our useless junk in the garage.
7. Only in America......do we use answering machines to screen calls and then have call waiting so we won’t miss a call from someone we didn’t want to talk to in the first place.
8. Only in America......do we buy hot dogs in packages of ten and buns in packages of eight.
9. Only in America......do we use the word ‘politics’ to describe the process so well: ‘Poli’ in Latin meaning ‘many’ and ‘tics’ meaning ‘bloodsucking creatures’.
10. Only in America......do they have drive-up ATM machines with Braille lettering.
07-11-2006, 08:12 AM #2
I'll never understand the hotdog/buns thing.
07-11-2006, 09:04 AM #3
07-11-2006, 09:11 AM #4
I like #6
Originally Posted by miketrin
You have to watch Bulletproof Monk again to get that answer
07-11-2006, 09:22 AM #5
#8 is so you can sample the dogs while cooking and still have 8 for your guests
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
By jetdave56 in forum Yamaha Open DiscussionReplies: 9Last Post: 01-05-2011, 09:28 AM
By Phil in forum 4-Tec PerformanceReplies: 7Last Post: 09-04-2005, 03:55 PM
By 11 in forum Sea Doo Open DiscussionReplies: 10Last Post: 08-23-2005, 09:50 PM
By omelfata in forum Sea Doo Open DiscussionReplies: 4Last Post: 08-15-2005, 02:39 PM
By Ed in forum Sea Doo Open DiscussionReplies: 4Last Post: 05-29-2005, 11:00 PM