Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Got the Kanaflex installed today

The Kanaflex is in, going to take the ski to Caddo Saturday to try it out .

Went pretty well, I like how the Spectre filter looks - matches the paint. Anyone want to buy an R&D filter with 10-hours?

Used 4" drain/sewer pipe fittings instead of 3" sch 40 PVC at the filter. Much better flow path.

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    The Kanaflex is in, going to take the ski to Caddo Saturday to try it out .

Went pretty well, I like how the Spectre filter looks - matches the paint. Anyone want to buy an R&D filter with 10-hours?

Used 4" drain/sewer pipe fittings instead of 3" sch 40 PVC at the filter. Much better flow path.
    I put mine in this past Saturday. Totally awesome.

Pics?

Quote Originally Posted by paulthepwner View Post
    I put mine in this past Saturday. Totally awesome.
    If you are running stock config with this, you ought to invest in the riva 15/22. It set my rpms down where the ecu likes them to be.

I'd bet right now your running into the rev limiter pretty hard???

Quote Originally Posted by jwade View Post
    If you are running stock config with this, you ought to invest in the riva 15/22. It set my rpms down where the ecu likes them to be.

I'd bet right now your running into the rev limiter pretty hard???
    Yeah I've gotta feather it to keep it off the limiter now. I'm going to get a prop eventually, but I'm not quite sure yet if I want to do anything else. I think over the winter i'll do something similar to what STSPERFORMANCE did with his, but it's going to take me a few more weeks to figure out if I'm leaving it like this for the summer.

Did you feel that the pump wedge was a worthwhile mod?

Quote Originally Posted by paulthepwner View Post
    Yeah I've gotta feather it to keep it off the limiter now. I'm going to get a prop eventually, but I'm not quite sure yet if I want to do anything else. I think over the winter i'll do something similar to what STSPERFORMANCE did with his, but it's going to take me a few more weeks to figure out if I'm leaving it like this for the summer.

Did you feel that the pump wedge was a worthwhile mod?
    Prop will definately get you back into the rpm sweet spot for the X ski. Those stock ecu's just don't like anything over 8100 at all.

I believe the wedge helps a little bit.

STS has alot of mods and this can get quite expensive. I am at the point where I have to spend alot to gain a little more speed, but if I were plan a few mods, they would be the following:

New Riva Waterbox / Rude exhaust tip
    X-charger upgrade w/ 50 lb injectors and also the rising rate fuel pressure regulator.
    Ecu reflash with Seadoo Centre up to 8400-50ish rev limit.

Prop will definately get you back into the rpm sweet spot for the X ski. Those stock ecu's just don't like anything over 8100 at all.

I believe the wedge helps a little bit.

STS has alot of mods and this can get quite expensive. I am at the point where I have to spend alot to gain a little more speed, but if I were plan a few mods, they would be the following:

New Riva Waterbox / Rude exhaust tip
    X-charger upgrade w/ 50 lb injectors and also the rising rate fuel pressure regulator.
    Ecu reflash with Seadoo Centre up to 8400-50ish rev limit.
    I do have a worx grate on the way, and I'll be filling the ride plate holes shortly (probably going to get the pump tunnel reinforced at the same time).

I'm thinking about doing the following, and over the winter so I've got some time.

ET 137 wheel, 48# injectors, BOV, free flow exhaust, OPAS Blockoff, waterbox (I really like the sound of the TDR box), was thinking about skegs too, but we'll have to see how much time I've got. I'm not sure if I want to buy a prop now and repitch it after the winter, OR if I should just deal with feathering the throttle to stay in the 8050 range for now. Might add the pump wedge to my list too if it helps (every little bit right?)

From looking at your mod list it doesn't really look like you've spent THAT much and you've certainly got some great results. The only reason I'm even thinking about the wheel in the charger is that at this rate i'll be doing a rebuild at the end of this year anyway and while I've got it cracked open I might as well :-p.

I have approx. $1300 in it in mods and am really happy to be close to 75mph. I always wanted to shoot for 80ish, but from here on, if I bought new parts, it would cost a atleast a couple grand or better to get there and that is hard to justify for 5mph.

To be honest, it's hard riding at high speed and you need to be looking a long ways in front of you and all around you all the time to ensure some jerkoff isn't getting too close.

Some people may think I'm snobby because I don't take my hands off the bars and waive when I go by, but if I am at WOT, I am completely focused on what's going on around me because stuff can come up in seconds.

Also, keep a watch on your pump tunnel. People have been having some issues with their's and mine has developed small spider cracks on the port side. This may be due to speeds and pressure, or hull flex as I jump waves, or both. I just pay attention to the tunnel now after every ride, hoping the thing doesn't blow out. Some have had this happen.

+1
    I feel the X skis need to turn 8100 plus. My ski runs like a raped ape when pitched for 8100+, not so much when under.

+1
    I finished my Kanaflex install last night.. heading to the lake in T-Minus 1 hour 10 minutes.. I did the Solas 14/19, new wear ring, kanaflex, spark plugs and oil.. I am bringing the GPS.. we will see what she will do!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information