Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Has my SL750 been updated??

Hey guys,

I was underneath my machines tonight finishing up the sponson install on the SL750, and noticed that my SL750 has the same ride plate and intake grate at my SLX780! I'm still pretty new to this stuff (only a seasoned a year now ) so I am just starting to dig into the details of these skis. If these parts are the same, does this mean someone already did these upgrades to my SL750?

I do know that the SLX780 does have the extended pump and the SL750 does not. Also, they have different impellers, but the same 5 vane stator. I get about 54mph on the SLX780 and about 45mph on the SL750. With the new sponsons, these two machines are getting very close to each other. Is the main difference in top speed and acceleration due to the extended pump and different prop?

Let me know what you guys think!

I am kinda surprised that your only getting 45mph out of your SL750, I have a gps mounted on mine and I seen 53mph from the gps last summer, I was impressed.. Here is a picture of the ride plate on a standard polaris ends did your come out further then this?

here is where my one ski with the stock ride plate ends right at the end of the hull, and in the next picture you can see the R&D ride plate I installed how it come farther out then the stock one.. If it comes farther out then my first picture I would think it has been changed.. Cya Slick

This is what my ride plate looks like (sorry for the ebay link - easier than taking a pic later tonight).

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Polar...5%7C240%3A1318

I couldn't find a pic of my intake grates. Mine look like they have scoops, so I assume they are not stock. Maybe I'll take a pic tonight.

Yep some one already hooked you up thats for sure, thats cool dont have to buy a plate or a intake thats cool..Cya Slick

She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    +1
    That's a SLX ride plate in that pic.

Will need a pic of the intake grate to tell what you got. If it's a R&D for a 750, they tend to slow the ski down a bit in smooth water, but give better hook up in the chop.

Main reason the SLX is faster is because it has 12 more HP from the factory.

Longer jet pump adds 1-2 MPH

95 SLX and 750 used the same impeller. FYI

If the impeller on the 750 is too big or small, it can be hurting top speed.

What impeller is on the 750?

What are the max RPM?

750 should do 48 MPH stock.

SLX 780 should be between 52-56 MPH

I must of had the wind at my back my boat buddy's claim they get more speed off a good 1' chop then they do flat water wonder if thats true for a jet ski because when I seen that speed of 52mph there was a pretty good chop happening.. I cant wait to try on flat water to see how it does, I am finally going to be out today and ride for the first time.. But the river is not a good way to check speed because you have a current speeding you up going down stream and against when you go up so todays run will be for fun LOL.. Cya Slick

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Slick PWC View Post
    I must of had the wind at my back my boat buddy's claim they get more speed off a good 1' chop then they do flat water wonder if thats true for a jet ski because when I seen that speed of 52mph there was a pretty good chop happening.. I cant wait to try on flat water to see how it does, I am finally going to be out today and ride for the first time.. But the river is not a good way to check speed because you have a current speeding you up going down stream and against when you go up so todays run will be for fun LOL.. Cya Slick
    ????

GPS is fairly accurate.

Groupk clocked the stock 750 at 48.5 MPH

http://groupk.com/p750.htm

Quote Originally Posted by xlint89 View Post
    ????

GPS is fairly accurate.

Groupk clocked the stock 750 at 48.5 MPH

http://groupk.com/p750.htm
    I do allot of trolling for fish and GPS is my bread and butter for accurate speed, if your at not the right speed you don't catch fish.. Well I finally have a full summer to play and she what my average speed turns out to be cant wait.. I am really looking forward to watching the piston wash and see how things change after playing with the adjustments.. Cya Slick

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Slick PWC View Post
    I am really looking forward to watching the piston wash and see how things change after playing with the adjustments.. Cya Slick

That'll change.......

Quote Originally Posted by xlint89 View Post

That'll change.......
    I like to know if it's running just right, I will admit that looking down that dam spark plug hole is a pain is the $%&# but I really dig these dam Polaris jet ski's.. If I did not rush into buying these like I did I would have bought bigger no doubt.. But since I already got them I will cherry them out and you try telling my old lady that I want bigger I have two many toys now "SHE SAYS".. the guy I bought these jet ski from has a nice Polaris snow machine that I am looking at I dont know yet we shall see can I hide it in my pocket when I get home .. Cya Slick

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information