What is EPNOC grease AP #0

What the he## is EPNOC grease AP #0? Changing out 03 pump to 05 pump. Calls for this grease in pump cap.

+1

Re: What is EPNOC grease AP #0

Quote Originally Posted by Fandini
    What the he## is EPNOC grease AP #0? Changing out 03 pump to 05 pump. Calls for this grease in pump cap.
    I beleive most everyone is substituting that grease for a synthetic gear oil for bearing lubrication.
    Mobil 1, Penzoil, Royal Purple, Amsoil, ect.......

+1
    What I did was get some Amsoil series 2000 synthetic grease and diluted it with Amsoil synthetic gear lube until I obtained an almost liquid grease, this way when you spin those bearing at 7000+ rpms gravity brings that grease back down to keep lubricating
    That's what I've been using, and it works great. I've solvent cleaned the bearing after HUNDREDS of hours with barely even a bearing track in the race. This seems to really help with the Skat Magnum Pumps, since they are rather fickle.

+1
    im using the amzoil rear end lube method...works great...the 05 pump comed with an aluminum nose cone that is thick enough for a 1/8 npt plug..

+1
    The last pump I had was filled with royal purple as this one is. After 50 hours, everything was still perfect.
    This same royal purple is used in high speed turbines that see 280-315 degrees of high temp and 8000-9000 RPMs. It protect those bearings perfect. A trained rotating equipment technician at the plant also explained to me that only 50-70 of the bearing's circumference needs to be submerged in an oil bath as the properties of this oil will cling to the bearings surfaces and race to keep it lubricated.
    I know guys using synthetic tranny fluid and gear oil that are doing just fine also.
    A transmission sees higher temps, higher friction and has to lubricate a lot more than a little pump housing in my opinion.
    I ran synthetic transmission fluid in my sea-doos for 10 years. Never had a problem.
    Lower units in ourboard motors use fluid and do fine also. Our little stator housing doesn't need much, just a good high quality product with excellent metal protection properties.
    I'm not saying there is anything wrong with any other method with grease, but synthetic fluid it is another method of bearing protection that is proven and works.

+1
    ...also ATF is a hydraulic fluid, so it does expand when it gets hot. Although I dont think it will get so hot in these pumps.

A guy around the corner from me builds racing engines and he is a big believer in Amsoil. Told me that after 1500 laps on one of his race motors with Kendall Motor Oil he would have approximately 7 thousanths of wear. After 3000 laps with the Amsoil he had less than 1 thousanths of wear. Good stuff however I don't think it's easy to get around here but on the other hand Royal Purple I can get and use in everything of mine. Love this stuff. What kind of royal purple is that your recommending, what weight etc. Also exactly what kind of Amsoil do I need to ask for.
    Thanks for the numerous responses

Epnoc

I think this post has good info, it has cleaning and the pump cone plug.

http://rivaforums.com/groupee/forums...4/r/5296045514
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pump_cone_mod_setscrew_at_1_oclock_position_213.jpg 
Views:	774 
Size:	52.4 KB 
ID:	6167  

Thread Information