Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    +1

DJSA: Race for the Gold

June 27th
    In the SF Bay under the Golden Gate
    Are you ready?

Last edited by Carlos Thomas; 06-08-2009 at 09:35 PM.

WOW

So we get the bay bridge, Alcatraz island, Red Rock and the Golden Gate Bridge all in one run? What other cool sites are in this run?

Quote Originally Posted by friebe1 View Post
    So we get the bay bridge, Alcatraz island, Red Rock and the Golden Gate Bridge all in one run? What other cool sites are in this run?

dont forget about angel island

Quote Originally Posted by friebe1 View Post

You get this!

The course borders the shores of Alameda, Oakland, passes under the Oakland side of the Bay Bridge, and continues along Emeryville, Berkeley, and Richmond before turning left around REDROCK. The course then proceeds through Raccoon Strait next to Angel Island, and passes Tiburon and Sausalito. The course turns left under the center span of the Golden Gate Bridge and heads west to Alcatraz where you'll make a right turn around the Island. The course runs midspan under the Bay Bridge back towards the Alameda shoreline, and back to the finishline at San Leandro. Its approximately 53 miles.

+1
    I was out in the Bay today. It was humbling. Near the Golden Gate was brutal. Also there were a lot of wakes from other boats on the water. You guys better be ready. It's not going to be a stop and look at all the pretty landmarks ride.

Steve...I think you need a true California retirement race to close it out. This should be the one.

+1
    Also, I may have to course a bit wrong on the way back.

I ride in the bay quite often and it gets ROUGH fast. One minute it's just one footers rolling through then next minute there are 3 - 4 footers out of nowhere.. Should make for a exciting race!

This is going to be one sick race Carlos. Cheng and I are planning to be there! Your ski should be perfect for this one. . . .

Can you believe I haven't been able to race in Florida yet and here I've already made 2 DJSA races, 2 national events and the Mark Hahn 300. The West is where the racings at!

See you at this weekends race! DJSA 2009 Outlaw Tour - Race #5 - Sat, 6/13/09 - Salt Springs Valley Reservoir

Must mention that ast weekends race at Suisun City was beautiful, great riding by the way.

San Fransisco Bay. . here we come. . SICK

TK

PS: I thought I saw Famous Friebe posted something? Might he be there? I can still remember going out and racing with FF seemed just like a few months ago. Hope retirement is treating him well.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by kawidooguy780 View Post
    I ride in the bay quite often and it gets ROUGH fast. One minute it's just one footers rolling through then next minute there are 3 - 4 footers out of nowhere.. Should make for a exciting race!
    Are you going to be there?

It'll be a few day before decision because I'm moving to Florida... trying to delay it as much as possible though just to make this race and the LB2CAT

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information