help with ecu swap

----edit---- well this issue has been resolved. I took the ski down to Riva (yea that was a drive but well worth it). turns out there was a voltage drop somewhere in the dess harness and the riva specs are tighter than the oem ecu. That's why it would see the oem ecu but not the riva ecu. The guys down at Riva were awsome.. nice and knowledgable. They scheduled me in a week or so in advanced, i dropped it off and in a few hours i got a call from bruce saying it was ready... so if anyone wants to open up a dealership SC would be a good place ...again Thanks to Bruce and the guys at Riva for reading about 100 private messages and all his efforts. I took the ski out and the thing runs like a bat outta hell, my Rude loves more rpm

Hey guys
    2004 rxp
    2005 riva ecu

i am having trouble with my ecu. the stock ecu cranks and runs the boat fine with all my keys, hauls a$$ and all that, but when i put in the riva i only get 1 loud beep (instead of the short 2 beeps). I have sent everything to riva and they have double checked everything and even had it running on a 04 boat for me. anyone have any clues as to where i should start checking. Bruce at riva has been a huge help though all this so i dont want it to sound like i am bad mouthing riva at all, they have been awsome.

The only thing i can think of is take it to the dealer and see if they can program it on the ski, maybe there is something in the mpem? i dont know, but i dont want a 1000 paperweight either
    Last edited by BoostedH23a1; 07-22-2009 at 06:52 AM.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by BoostedH23a1 View Post
    Hey guys
    2004 rxp
    2005 riva ecu

i am having trouble with my ecu. the stock ecu cranks and runs the boat fine with all my keys, hauls a$$ and all that, but when i put in the riva i only get 1 loud beep (instead of the short 2 beeps). I have sent everything to riva and they have double checked everything and even had it running on a 04 boat for me. anyone have any clues as to where i should start checking. Bruce at riva has been a huge help though all this so i dont want it to sound like i am bad mouthing riva at all, they have been awsome.

The only thing i can think of is take it to the dealer and see if they can program it on the ski, maybe there is something in the mpem? i dont know, but i dont want a 1000 paperweight either
    my story is i bought a riva ecu off jerry which i new had to be set on the budds to my machine, i just went to my dealer and asked him to take my rotax racing ecu off and put the riva one on, the buds wanted an activation code, so from the uk i rang riva gave them the serial no of the ecu they gave me the code and it was sorted in no time, ps you will get different bleeps out of a different ecu

+1
    I don't know about 04-05. But I have a reflashed 07 ecu on my 08 PX. As soon as the SD tech plugged in the BUDS he could tell something was up. He ran a conversion program and mated my dash panel to the 07 ecu. He said I would lose a function by doing this. Which I did, I lost my auto trim on the PX. Everything else ran and worked fine. I had some fueling problems and I wanted to ride on the weekend so I plugged in my 08 PX ecu. Guess what, it wouldn't work. One long beep, crank no start. Throw a code. Plugged reflashed 07 ecu back in and everything was fine again. I think you are going to have find a dealer that knows what they are doing. The ecu needs to be mated with the MPEM and or gauges I believe to work. Just my guess.

Sometimes you have to re-set it for cluster mis-match.

BUDS will identify this for you.

Thread Information