+1

Would like input from the DI experts !

I have the opportunity to get a 2001 RXDI for about half market price. 3K cdn where a good runner is worth 6k up here. Cosmetically the ski is almost perfect but it has unknown electrical issues. I have been told some of the pins on the MPEM and wiring harness show signs of corrosion, the ski will idle only no power when throttle is applied. I have not seen it running or had a really good look at it yet.

I picked up both of my current skis as basket cases and rebuilt them both so I'm familiar with the time and money required to get a reliable machine. What scares me with the DI's is the cost of parts and the limited trouble shooting one can do without going to the dealer for the scanner.

I have read these machines are excellent when running but can be a real PITA when things go south.

What's the opinion try and make it a runner, part it out or give it a wide berth ?

Thanks
    Chris

i just sold one 2003 rxdi. had to put a new engine. but the electronics were in mint condition. that ski is only worth about 3500.00 in perfict running condition. no way 6k. seadoo electronicts are v expencive. or your just buying someone junk on ebay.
    offer 1800.00 w elec prob.

+1
    I'm in Canada and at this time of year this ski would go for 6K. Skis up here bring a few more bucks than down south.

My concern is the electronic stuff. If it was a carby or just needed an engine rebuild it would already be sitting in the garage.

I wouldn't consider myself an expert, but I owned a '01 RX-DI and I loved that ski. I put over 200 trouble-free hours on it.

The reason I sold it and bought a RXP was due to all the horror stories I read about the DI engines. It seems like they're difficult to repair, expensive to repair and there aren't too many techs who are trained to work on them.

+1
    Mine has a $1500 electrical problem. I think? Parts are stupid expensive. I spent over $2000 just rebuilding the motor. There are too many sensor that could be bad and if you don't have the software to run the diag. you have to bring it to the dealer. They usually don't know what to do with them either.

I vote : Find anything else.

+1
    I have an 01 RX di that I am currently parting out. I should have anything you need electrical wise. I have LOTS of 951 carberated parts and machines.

Just drop me a pm.

thanks,

Jim

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jim View Post
    I have an 01 RX di that I am currently parting out. I should have anything you need electrical wise. I have LOTS of 951 carberated parts and machines.

Just drop me a pm.

thanks,

Jim
    rx di's have different plugs on the MPEM I think. If not I am interested.
    The part numbers are different I think as well.

Thread Information