+1

Please help no power!

Please help! No power. 2000 Yamaha 1200 ski was left overnight in water and water came up about halfway over motor. Found that the ride plate is leaking. It won't start, make any sound, and cluster has no power.

This is a friend's ski. I don't know much about Yamaha's and need some help.

+1
    I am assuming you have it out of the water and have drained the water from the hull, Pull the spark plugs and try cranking with a new battery or jumping it, you need to make sure that no water is in the cylinders. if it is dry then put the plugs back in and fire it.

If your not doing something, its hard to screw up. stlouisramsfan's Avatar
    Pull the plugs, crank motor over, watch the water shoot out of the cyl... Short burst, you don't want to fry the starter... When all water is out, mix up some premix (32-1) and put a little in each spark plug opening... Install plugs and start it. IT IS IMPORTANT TO GET THIS ENGINE RUNNING WITHIN 24 HOURS, the run the PISS out of it to heat the engine and get any moisture out

+1
    hey guys, don't guess I mentioned but I'm pretty mechanical and know what to do if water got in the motor. I've been messin with Sea-doo's for years. The ski is on the trailer, it got dark and I couldn't mess with it any longer tonight. I put the jump box on it and I still have nothing. Power is getting to the fuse box. By the way, it is in fresh water.

+1
    Not much to short out low in the ski, pull the connections on the ebox and see if they are dry.

+1
    can you turn it over by hand with the plugs out?

+1
    Thanks Osidebill. Kinda what I thought but puzzled why Im not getting anything to the cluster or no clicking on the starter solenoid. Friend lives on the lake and ski is on the lift so I ran out of daylight. Going back tomorrow. Didn't check any fuses. Left it in the water overnight, and next morning it was like this. They put the key in it and nothing. Thanks for the help!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by IBADTON View Post
    Please help! No power. 2000 Yamaha 1200 ski was left overnight in water and water came up about halfway over motor. Found that the ride plate is leaking. It won't start, make any sound, and cluster has no power.

This is a friend's ski. I don't know much about Yamaha's and need some help.
    This scares the &^% out of me. If I were you I would hard wire the bilge through an electronic float switch. (Such as a "Water Witch") I have and have no worries and never looked back. Their model number 101 is very small (like 1.5x1.5") EASY to install and costs less than $35.00.

Thread Information