Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

WTB: 03 MSX 140 computer ecm

above says it all, let me know a price shipped, thanks.

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Do you need matching fuel injectors?

not sure............we swapped the computer out with a known working one and it ran great but its not my puter. i would hope that the injectors are not matched? that means its gonna cost..........its my business partners new ski we picked up kinda cheap.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by cameron da river rat View Post
    not sure............we swapped the computer out with a known working one and it ran great but its not my puter. i would hope that the injectors are not matched? that means its gonna cost...
    The EMM has a flow map for each injector, and the maps vary from injector to injector by serial number.

Any dealer with the Polaris Digital Wrench software and the EMM communications cables (PW-45776, 2872454, 2872456) can transfer the injector flow maps from the old EMM to the new EMM, as long as the old EMM is alive enough to power up (not run the ski, just wake up internally). Takes a few minutes.

Each injector was flow checked at the factory, and the fuel flow rates were mapped and assigned to the serial number for each injector. These injectors vary enough in flow rates from injector to injector that it is important to keep the individual injectors and EMM mappings in sync.

So not only does each injector have a flow map, but the EMM must know which cylinder each injector is mounted on. If you swap the injectors around, you have to tell the EMM what you did.

For testing purposes, you can swap EMM and injectors around as you please, but at mid-to-high throttle levels, if the EMM flow mappings don't match the injectors, you run the risk of lean fuel delivery.

For reliable long term operation, the EMM data must match the actual injector serial numbers.

well, add that to the list. the local polaris dealer does'nt work on jet skis at all. and i know the owner.

i can get parts pretty cheap though........but program the emm from one to the other...........im on my own. unless someone is parting one out cheap enough that i can (he can) afford the whole swap. how do you know so much about polaris K?

and, i think i found a site that rebuilds ficht puters of all makes but can't find it anymore.

+1
    DFI Technologies
    can repair it

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 785 lugs View Post
    DFI Technologies
    can repair it
    Oh yeah - forgot to mention that!

i will see about getting it rebuilt, my scan sea would not register the puter so i knew it was bad but it could be my pigtail, i think i may need a different one.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by cameron da river rat View Post
    ...my scan sea would not register the computer so i knew it was bad but it could be my pigtail, i think i may need a different one.
    Did you install the power jumper on the 8-pin EMM harness connector, to power up the EMM?

Jump pins 1 to 7 and/or 2 to 8 (either one or both pin pairs) on the harness connector.

Take a 4 inch piece of household #14 AWG solid wire (Red would be a good color), strip 1/2 inch from each end and bend into a U shape. Push into the pin 1 and pin 7 holes of the 8-pin EMM harness connector

This will jumper the Red/Purple 12 volt battery power to the White/Red EMM power, which will turn the EMM on.

The other 4 connector holes are all grounds (black).

Or you can buy the official 2872456 jumper connector

The EMM must also be plugged into the big 40-pin EMM harnes connector for the EMM to power up through the 8-pin harness jumper. The 12-pin stator connector doesn't matter for computer access.

according to my scan sea, the ski has to be on for 5 seconds prior to hooking up, to power up the emm in order to read it. i just dont think my connector works.

i read in the manual about the 8 pin connector but looked like it all goes to the four pin weatherpack which is what i hooked to.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information