Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: out of ideas

out of ideas

I don't know what to do anymore. My T-X about sunk last week and the dealership couldn't figure it out because it floats now(they guessed that a stick got stuck in the carbon seal) . It cavitates like no other out of the hole. Like it just spins/redlines then slowly picks up speed and pulls hard in the mid-range, but i only got it only up to 68.6mph at 8040rpms on 1/2 a tank on top end and my mods are new worx crate, rideplate holes filled, r&d filter, new 15/22R prop, and i just put in a new wear ring. I dont know what do anymore. It cavitates, speed is all wrong, and it's a mystery sinker. I'm about ready to take it to jetdraft. Anybody have any thoughts?

Put an heavy duty tie strap around the carbon seal and oee if that does not improve your hole shot. If it does it's your seal.

So put a zip tie on the rubber boot closer to the hull or engine, or right in the middle?

Quote Originally Posted by yfzboy18 View Post
    I don't know what to do anymore. My T-X about sunk last week and the dealership couldn't figure it out because it floats now(they guessed that a stick got stuck in the carbon seal) . It cavitates like no other out of the hole. Like it just spins/redlines then slowly picks up speed and pulls hard in the mid-range, but i only got it only up to 68.6mph at 8040rpms on 1/2 a tank on top end and my mods are new worx crate, rideplate holes filled, r&d filter, new 15/22R prop, and i just put in a new wear ring. I dont know what do anymore. It cavitates, speed is all wrong, and it's a mystery sinker. I'm about ready to take it to jetdraft. Anybody have any thoughts?
    Take it to Jetdraft ....I think a guy named Dan works there

well it's jetdraft or the dealership. It's still under warranty so the dealership shouldn't charge any money and i don't know how much jetdraft is going to charge to fix it but i know he knows what hes doing and he'll get it moving fast.

+1
    I can tell you if I was close to Dan warranty or not that is where my ski would be

I just need for him to make a trip to Nashville

Quote Originally Posted by yfzboy18 View Post
    well it's jetdraft or the dealership. It's still under warranty so the dealership shouldn't charge any money and i don't know how much jetdraft is going to charge to fix it but i know he knows what hes doing and he'll get it moving fast.
    I re-read your first post. If the dealership can't figure out the first time you brought it there, what makes you think they can figure out "now" if you bring it back to them? warranty "yes", Knowledge "No" You are in a NO lose situation here. Bring it to the dealership first because it's free and under warranty. If those knuckleheads at the stealership can't fix it......at least ya tried now you have another option and it ain't free we all have to make a living look for that guy Dan that works for jetdraft. shake his hand and kiss him on the forehead and tell him Jammer 1 send ya.....you get 10% discount by just doing what I just told you to do..............good luck and learn to duck fast

+1
    Oh Jammer, You know you love right between your " Butt Cheeks "

Quote Originally Posted by Jammer 1 View Post
    I re-read your first post. If the dealership can't figure out the first time you brought it there, what makes you think they can figure out "now" if you bring it back to them? warranty "yes", Knowledge "No" You are in a NO lose situation here. Bring it to the dealership first because it's free and under warranty. If those knuckleheads at the stealership can't fix it......at least ya tried now you have another option and it ain't free we all have to make a living look for that guy Dan that works for jetdraft. shake his hand and kiss him on the forehead and tell him Jammer 1 send ya.....you get 10% discount by just doing what I just told you to do..............good luck and learn to duck fast
    ok thanks lol

Your speed and rpms are just right for what you have but I agree the hole shot should be much better. Got to be carbon seal leaking or a leak at the pump seal sucking air.
    Oh,I just read you have a 4" intake...take extra care that the elbow or pipe coming off the SC does not touch the carbon ring bellows. Nothing can touch that bellows without causing the carbon ring seal to unseal.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information