06-06-2009, 10:26 PM #1
rossnemo throttle body mod = gains
Ross (rossnemo) worked his magic on my throttle body and it was definaltly worth it.
I noticed greater holeshot and my RPM came up to my max RPM much quicker. Below are the before and after results. Also some picture of the work.
To remove the throttle body which only takes about 10 minutes follow these siple steps:
- Remove the coupler from the throttle body
- Remove the throttle cable from the throttle body (8mm and 10mm wrench.
- Remove the 4 - 1/4" bolts holding the throttle body on.
- Remove the 2 electrical connections from the throttle body.
- The throttle body uses a rubber gasket so a new one is not needed.
- June 2 2009, Air temp 86*, Dew Point 69.1*, Humidity 57%, Barometer 29.99 in, visibility 10.0 miles, wind direction variable, wind speed 4.6 mph, mostly cloudy, water temp 86*, light water ripple.
- 6 bars fuel
- Max RPM 8020
- Holeshot RPM 6500 and steadily came up to max RPM
- .25 mile distance 74.6 mph 8020 RPM
- .5 mile distance 75.0 mph 8020 RPM
- June 6 2009, Air temp 84*, Dew Point 72.0*, Humidity 67%, Barometer 29.93 in, visibility 10 miles, wind direction west, wind speed 9.2 mph, mostly cloudy, water temp 84*, light water ripple.
- 6 bars fuel
- Max RPM 8080 (60 RPM gain)
- Holeshot RPM 6800 (300 RPM gain) then quickly jumped to 7000 and came up to max RPM faster
- .25 mile distance 75.7 mph 8080 RPM (1.1MPH gain)
- .5 mile distance 76.2 mph 8080 RPM (1.2 MPH gain)
Here are my ski details:
2006 RXT, 4” air intake, Rude1 SC, XS Intercooler (w/bleed mod), Solas 4 blade 15/21.5, Green Hulk waterbox, 82mm nozzle, RXT-X Riva intake grate, RE Block off's, Jim's rideplate mod on RXT-X plate, RXT-X pumpshoe, 2 degree wedge, added VTS, Riva sponsons, 42lb injectors, RRFPR, stock ECU, 160 degree thermostat mod.
06-06-2009, 10:42 PM #2
- Join Date
- Oct 2005
I knew I should have done this over the winter, but I hesitated. This mod is definitely on my list now. I'd have it done now, but I don't want to take the ski apart and lose any ride time. Next year for sure.
06-06-2009, 10:42 PM #3
06-06-2009, 11:13 PM #4
06-06-2009, 11:44 PM #5
06-07-2009, 04:55 AM #6
Must do mod on a GP1300R Ross is yoru man i have great results with the 40 Tbs and 43 TBs
06-07-2009, 05:53 AM #7
sorry if ive missed sumthing but is it the standard tb?or slightly larger?
06-07-2009, 05:56 AM #8
06-07-2009, 06:03 AM #9
06-07-2009, 06:20 AM #10
Great results Gus.. Keeping the taper in the throttle body is key. The taper acts as an air speed accellerator. I increase the amount of taper, among other things.
Anyone interested send me a pm for turnaround time, but normally will be 2-3 days and at 130.00 its probably the cheapest 1.2 mph gain on the planet..
Thanks for your testing Gus.
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
By rossnemo in forum Yamaha ClassifiedsReplies: 8Last Post: 07-01-2013, 06:51 PM
By cjo632racing in forum 4-Tec PerformanceReplies: 17Last Post: 01-01-2012, 01:29 PM
By rossnemo in forum Sea Doo ClassifiedsReplies: 10Last Post: 02-03-2011, 02:39 AM
By akent in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)Replies: 16Last Post: 05-02-2007, 06:11 PM
By Jarrett in forum 4-Tec PerformanceReplies: 6Last Post: 05-29-2006, 12:40 AM