Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

900 stx impeller removal!!! help

well.
    my sister killed the ski
    i have a 200 900 kawi stx and my sister picked up some rocks and it of course chewed up the impeller pretty good... my questions are:

1.)
    how do i remove the existing impeller *i can remove the pump and shoe assy... and reideplate etc... but is the impeller threaded onto the drive shaft or the pump assy. and how do i unskrew from those....

2.) what pitch prop would be best for an aftermarket impeller.... (also what company makes good impellers (props) ive heard many good things about skat trak but not so much solas...
    im looking for speed but still want snap when i gun the throttle...

please let me know!!!

-thanks in advance!
    flyin p.

You will need to remove the reverse bucket then there are 4 14 mm bolt that hold the pump to the shoe and 2 5 mm allen that come up through the ride plate. Then you may need to do some prying to get the pump out of the shoe. Once its off remove the steering nozel and the cone. The cone end of the shaft has flats on it to clamp in a vice. Then use your impeller tool and a breaker bar to get it off.

I just put a solas kd-scx I think was the part # on my 1100 from what little I have rode it it seems ok. A stock prop is hard to beat for an all arround prop. Actually I get on the 1100 and think its broke since im used to ridding ultras. My 04 is 25 mph faster

well... now all i need to do is decide between three different pitch impellers.... 14/19, 15/20 (both skat trak) or a 16/23 by solas. im leaning more towards 15/20

Why not go with SBT impeller exchange for $24.95 + shipping. I had to rebuild my pump on my 900stx a couple of months ago. Impeller exchange, impeller removal tool(no getting around it...you HAVE TO HAVE it), new bearings, Seals & marine grease was about $110

Quote Originally Posted by PEVO View Post
    Why not go with SBT impeller exchange for $24.95 + shipping. I had to rebuild my pump on my 900stx a couple of months ago. Impeller exchange, impeller removal tool(no getting around it...you HAVE TO HAVE it), new bearings, Seals & marine grease was about $110

yes but what pitch is the SBT impeller.

It's factory spec exchange. Call SBT for more details. they may have different pitch impellers for sale too...i thinks anyway I been told that the factory spec pitch is a very good overall match for the 900s somewhat limited power curve... being that it's a smaller pump than whats on a 1100

It's factory spec exchange. Call SBT for more details. they may have different pitch impellers for sale too...i thinks anyway I been told that the factory spec pitch is a very good overall match for the 900s somewhat limited power curve... being that it's a smaller pump than whats on a 1100

well its also a smaller engine.... but i think im just going to go with the 15/20 skat trak stainless for $200

57.2 mph!...nice...what have U done to the motor to get that kinda speed out of the 900?. also hopefully your leading edges of your stator vanes in your pump housing are not damaged. But if they are have them aluminum weld filled in & dermel them back to shape. Beats the hell out of buying a new impeller housing. I had to do this with mine.

57.2 mph!...nice...what have U done to the motor to get that kinda speed out of the 900?. also hopefully your leading edges of your stator vanes in your pump housing are not damaged. But if they are have them aluminum weld filled in & dermel them back to shape. Beats the hell out of buying a new impeller housing. I had to do this with mine.

theose 900s are pretty fast stock.... infact when i bought it from the other guy its was already about 55 haha all i did was mill the head =) and made the pertruding bolts inside the pump and the bottom of the jetski more hydrodynamic ... things like that... im looking into new coes and a scoop grate.

anyone know where i can buy aftermarket cones for a 900?

Quote Originally Posted by flyinpolak View Post
    theose 900s are pretty fast stock.... infact when i bought it from the other guy its was already about 55 haha all i did was mill the head =) and made the pertruding bolts inside the pump and the bottom of the jetski more hydrodynamic ... things like that... im looking into new coes and a scoop grate.

anyone know where i can buy aftermarket cones for a 900?
    Does your sterring nozzle have theses in them. See Link.

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=89969

Both of mine has them. They hold nothing together, nothing pivots from them...they just protrude into the steering nozzle from the top & bottom on both of my STXs. Any ideas what the heck purpose they serv?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information