Red Bull Air Race

The Red Bull Air Race is in Detroit/Windsor next weekend. Im going to prolly go one day with the jet ski and one day go down and spectate from shore. Is anyone else going?

Maybe

I spent all day there last year and never saw a Red Bull plane, too windy, not this year!

yea i did the same thing last year too. Waited all day and never run. The f18 was pretty awesome though. But I got the tickets for free so o well. I saw the planes practicing over lake st. clair all week prior to the race. That was cool just watching them practice. The sound coming out of the is amazing. They sound like a mix of nascar and indy cars. And even though they are 1000 feet above you when practicing over the lake they are just as loud as a race car.

+1
    ya im going on saturday towing the sportster down. Going out of lakeview park marina in windsor. Even if its windy and there not flying itll be kool to check out the area.

Friday I am going down to seldom blues restaurant inside the ren. cen. to watch practice. One or both other days I will probably watch from the shoreline. IDK yet haha we will see what i do. Did you guys see that there was a crash yesterday. Idk how much you guys know about the pilots but peter besenyei crashed in some farmfield in canada after he had motor issues. I heard that the plane fliped and luckily he just walked away with bruises.

+1
    Yup i saw it. Crashed about a 20min drive from my house and it was the REDBULL plan that crashed and loked like it flip at LOW speeds. Didnt look like alot of damage to the plane and rebull say they will still be flying so we'll have to see what happens.

+1
    so who made it out to watch the air race today???

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by VOODOO View Post
    I spent all day there last year and never saw a Red Bull plane, too windy, not this year!
    It was really windy today and they were still flying even looked like it was going to rain all day still had a blast jumping waves in the boat and watching the race dispite being sweatshirt weather... OH and anyone there see the near miss with two race planes while circling for there chance to go through the course, I almost Sh*t my self they were so close to hitting.

haha i missed that. I showed up just as the f18 did his last 2 passes and its so hard just to idle around in the river for that long. were you on the belle isle side of the river or ambassador bridge side. I was on the belle isle side. I left before planes even started to fly. I waited 15-20 min after the f18 and said screw it. I raced a few boats in the river and still no planes and left. I needed someone to tie off to.

Thread Information