Riva Ride Plate Tested on 260X

I tested to RRP today at the local busy lake and it didn't do very well at all.
    It was impossible to keep the pump hooked up in the ruff, even slight ruff the pump was out of water, is this normal?

Take the time to smile sirbreaksalot's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by DWRAT View Post
    It was impossible to keep the pump hooked up in the ruff, even slight ruff the pump was out of water, is this normal?
    YES RIVA's are shit in the rough

Yep

Takes some getting used to as far as positioning on seat or stance. But can be minimized with intake grate with loss of top end speed. I have the plate and cone on mines and it does seem to lose hookup.
    Also have LX wedge. But my ski is set up for big wave riding see my avatar

+1
    Run Riva Sponsons with the plate and you will get better hook up. So many people over look how much the position of a sponson backing plate can effect how the ski rides. The riva sponson backing plates run flush with the bottom of the ski thus acting like a trim tab holding the nose down. My hook up is crap if I run Riva plate and standard sponsons or R&D sponsons as the R&D backing plate sits higher up the side of the ski giving more bow lift.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by fussy1 View Post
    Run Riva Sponsons with the plate and you will get better hook up. So many people over look how much the position of a sponson backing plate can effect how the ski rides. The riva sponson backing plates run flush with the bottom of the ski thus acting like a trim tab holding the nose down. My hook up is crap if I run Riva plate and standard sponsons or R&D sponsons as the R&D backing plate sits higher up the side of the ski giving more bow lift.
    thanks for the advice Fussy!! I have the riva plate on the stock sponsons and in calm water is a beast but in the rough my brother in law with the same mods as mine but a stock ride plate takes me down pretty bad..I guess I will complete the kit with the sponsons soon.

Quote Originally Posted by SAL08HO View Post
    thanks for the advice Fussy!! I have the riva plate on the stock sponsons and in calm water is a beast but in the rough my brother in law with the same mods as mine but a stock ride plate takes me down pretty bad..I guess I will complete the kit with the sponsons soon.
    Let us know how ya get bro.....
    I,m running the rrp but with stock sponsons and it don,t seem too bad to me in lake or sea, and if the Riva sponsons are that much better I know what road to go down....

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by English Bob View Post
    Let us know how ya get bro.....
    I,m running the rrp but with stock sponsons and it don,t seem too bad to me in lake or sea, and if the Riva sponsons are that much better I know what road to go down....
    I will def..keep you updated bob...

+1 I've ridden an ultra with stock sponsons the hook up was shit and it wasn't stable at all. He added Riva sponsons and it was a lot more stable and the hook up still wasn't great but improved.

Do you think the Riva sponsons will hurt top speed acting as a trim plate?Top speed is the only reason I got the Riva plate.
    Maybe staying stock is best all around.

+1
    They do take a little speed off but only in dead flat water, and it is not often that you get to ride ride in water like that, there will always be a boat wake or something.
    We have two 250s in the family so testing parts like plates and sponsons in real time takes the guess work away.
    With Riva plate and sponsons the ski will still be faster than stock.

Thread Information